November 18, 2017, 09:51:33 PM

Author Topic: Why do you NEED an AR15?  (Read 5597 times)

BBF

Re: Why do you NEED an AR15?
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »
I do understand and what I tried to say is that  it doesn't matter to this Govt. what the Constitution says or the Supremes decided. They got a mandate in the reelection, Obama's Inauguration speech indicates a full speed ahead for changing the country fundamentally and he controls the larger part of the Govt. and has support of the media and the  masses either active or they don't give a crap about your guns. Watch the Executive Orders and see what other States go the same direction that NY did. I agree with John,  the cancer will spread. If they can't control the firearms they can tax ammo and components 'til you be lucky to use a single shot rifle.

Getting Archery/crossbow stuff might not be a bad idea and yes I know that the 2nd has zip to do with hunting. Opposing the Feds by force is a ship that has sailed and hit a reef.

BTW.
Are there large capacity magazines made for the SKS ??
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:21:35 PM by BBF »

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 11:42:30 PM »

BTW.
Are there large capacity magazines made for the SKS ??

Short answer, yes. 30 round is the most common. It does interfer with bayonette useage, so it needs to be where you want it before mag goes in place. Or so I been told  :roll:
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »
I wouldn't be so sure about Obama getting his way on guns.  ::)   You start messing with people's guns and people are going to come out of the woodwork.  A prime example, just look at the EOSS thread in the Just Jawin' section and what happened there and that was just one state.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »
Short answer, yes. 30 round is the most common. It does interfer with bayonette useage, so it needs to be where you want it before mag goes in place. Or so I been told  :roll:

The SKS'es are available here with a 5 rd mag. Sometimes I'm tempted just to get one of them ugly suckers and get an illegal mag for it. .................Sometimes.

Having one Commie made firearm in my safe is about all I can handle.

Offline Elite

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 07:17:16 PM »
OK, I'm not going to start a flame war here.

However:
Consider the time the Constitution was written. Other than Navy and Artillery the Govt soldiers were similarly armed as a civilian militia could be. That is by many magnitudes no longer realistic.
An AR-15 or even some sort of full auto belt fed gun isn't going to keep your butt from getting ventilated when/if push comes to shove.

If it makes you feel better, buy two AR-15's, it won't change the outcome if you are dealing with Govt. Forces of any kind. There is a reason Homeland bought truckloads of ammo, it sure isn't meant to defend the southern border and I doubt Canadians will invade your country in mass.

Stocking up on Food, water, keeping warm and Meds is a better way to spend your $$.

i understand what you are saying, but even an american who never shoots would do well to obtain an ar15 even just as a form of protest. similar to a boycott

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 10:28:31 PM »
BBF I love you like a brother, but you are missing the point.

There is a need and the Founders of our so called Republic put it there for us to use ARs, AKs and SKSs. The very fact we have a rabid news media who uses its First Amendment Right to lie and try and propagandize the populace to only listen to them and the far left politicians that are in positions of power in Washington, and the Eastern Liberal Elite Society that never has to worry about fighting and dieing on foreign soil to keep their foreign monetary interests protected. Yet nobody says to control the media, and we can prove they lie and have been the cause of death and ruined lives.

This country has never had a civil war despite what the so-called history books say. By definition a civil war takes place when two or more factions vie for control of a central government. If the left in the government and the media continue to push their agenda on the American people, I can promise the American people will push back.

The left know that and its why you see them trying to ameliorate the American people. Obama a skeet shooter???? Nobody buys that and it has already backfired. Even the idiots at CNN are trying to play footsie with those of us who wear a badge and support the 2nd Amendment, but we aren't buying their crap either.

You contend that we dont NEED these weapons. Let me ask a question? Who gave you or anybody the right to tell me what I do or don't need? When did you or anyone else become better than me? Im a college graduate. Im a combat veteran. I was an officer in the army. Im a decorated and respected member of a major metropolitan police department. Im a recognized expert in American courts when dealing with terrorism, firearms and occult crimes.

I jump out of airplanes, scuba dive and hold 3 different black belts.

Am I better than you? Am I better than BC? Am I better than JA? Am I better than GP? Am I better than Mo?

No.

They live their lives. You live your life. I live my life.

I killed my first my man on the island of Grenada in 1982. I've done it more than once since then. If I have to I'll do it again. You would be surprised how many more Americans are prepared to do the same. The politicians know if the killing starts this time. It won't end until we have a new government in this land.

How many are willing to risk that?

Not many.

Thats a fact.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:09:49 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 12:06:07 AM »
YEAH!  What he said!  O0

I can tell you for a fact, if someone comes knocking at my door trying to take my guns, it ain't going to be pretty.  :knuppel2   Gun pointed at my head or not, I'm not going down without a fight.  :tickedoff   The vast majority of the time, I've got a gun on me (even here at the house).  I've got something for anyone what that "comes knocking".

The point being, my grandfather, 2 great uncles, 4 uncles, my brother, nephew, countless cousins, Bo, and countless other friends that have all served in the Military have all sacrificed so that I and others have the ability to exercise the Rights that are guaranteed to us in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

A WELL REGULATED MILITIA BEING NECESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

When I was in law enforcement, one thing that I learned in all of the classes that I went through is that whenever you see "shall" in a statue it means ALWAYS and is not negotiable as far as enforcement.  Now, re-read the 2nd Amendment and substitute "always" or "will" for "shall" and see what it says.  O0 ....................  "..... The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms WILL NOT be Infringed."  Seems pretty clear to me.  ::) O0

Curious little tidbit, the Second Amendment is the only amendment to the Constitution which states a purpose.   I wonder why that is?  ::)   Could it be that the original drafters determined that "the purpose" was of such great importance that it needed to be included in our National Document?

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »
Somewhat off topic.

Without revealing to much of my earlier activities  I had reason to attend a training facility for LEO's near Tucson around 1970.  In one of the lectures a lawyer type remarked that the 2nd Amendment did NOT imply the individual but only a Militia. Interesting how the 2nd was already twisted back then and where.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 12:38:58 PM »
Ever since the gun grabbers got their bright ideas the 2nd has been questioned as to it's intent and to whom it applies. Then a few years ago the Supreme Court ruled it as being the right of the individual not just the right of the state to have it's own armed police/national guard ect.

Another key word there is "infringed". I don't have time to look up the official webster on it, but it seems to me it means compromised, limited or restricted.

There inlies the real root of the arguement.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 03:06:28 PM »
Somewhat off topic as well.....Lawyers as a group are some of the most distrusted and despised people on the planet. Poll after poll shows very low single digit support for them.

I've seen lawyers who support pedophiles and think there is nothing wrong with a grown man who has sex with a 6 or 7 year old child. Just because he's a lawyer, doesn't mean he's right.

Trust a lawyer? Not in this lifetime.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:07:59 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments