November 20, 2017, 04:27:10 AM

Author Topic: Irvine woman wants roadside memorial to honor fish killed in truck crash  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Irvine woman wants roadside memorial to honor fish killed in truck crash

Published October 30, 2012
Associated Press

IRVINE, Calif. An Orange County woman has asked the city of Irvine to erect a sign honoring hundreds of truck crash victims -- who were fish.

About 1,600 pounds of saltwater bass died on Oct. 11 when a container truck hauling them to market got into a three-way crash.

Dina Kourda, a local volunteer with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, wrote the head of street maintenance requesting a sign at the intersection to honor the fish.

Kourda's letter notes that while roadside memorials traditionally honor human beings, she hopes an exception will be made to remind drivers that all animals -- in her words -- "value their lives and feel pain."

Irvine spokesman Craig Reem tells the Los Angeles Times that no memorial is planned.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/30/irvine-woman-wants-roadside-memorial-to-honor-fish-killed-in-truck-crash/?test=latestnews#ixzz2At0uqZMQ
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Irvine woman wants roadside memorial to honor fish killed in truck crash
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 09:14:02 AM »
Crazy person and solid PETA!  :idiot2 :crazy2 :uglystupid2 ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »
Make the monument a big bottle of tartar sauce and lemon.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 11:47:04 PM »
Make the monument a big bottle of tartar sauce and lemon.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »
oh man...  that takes the cake!
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Facebook Comments