November 20, 2017, 10:37:05 AM

Author Topic: HI-point is alright.  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Elite

HI-point is alright.
« on: January 28, 2013, 02:10:55 PM »
 O0 older vid. This is the .45 ACP model. 45 is my fav pistol cal. im a small guy, only 5'6 my hands are TINY. This gun is way too big for my hands. yet i still have no problem hitting decent groups with this beast of a gun. This is a great home defense pistol especially for my 'hood' where 250 pound locals get hyped on pcp jump around screaming their god and kick my front door in, yes that really happened lol. ( nobody was hurt  8)  O0 )
Hi Point 45 JHP Accuracy Test

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:17:59 PM by Elite »

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: HI-point is alright.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 04:26:07 PM »
I was talking to my step dad one day several years ago about Hi Point guns (he used to own a gun/pawn shop).  I told him that a couple of people I knew had recently bought a couple.  He said that they better hope that the grips were made of chocolate because someone was going to make them eat those guns.  :o

They used to have some serious quality issues.  Don't know if they got them straightened out or not, but I do know that both people that I knew that bought the Hi Point pistols (one a 9mm the other a .45) started having feeding/jamming issues with them.  Not really something I would want to happen to me if I were depending on the gun to save my bacon.  ;)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Elite

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »
ive had a 9 several years ago used/abused always jammed on 7th round. i was a kid then didnt know jack about pistols.. it was a magazine problem. hipoints are built very basic intended to function, the magazines are the only real problem.  if u use a mag aalot be sure to get new ones every so often. mags r flimsy compaired to the gun.

Hi-Point 45 Review

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »
 O0 Nice shooting, Elite! I hope they fixed their clip problem.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Elite

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:11:27 PM »
the gun itself is built big & stwong to function properly, it is a blowback hence the brick forr a slide. its the only .45 blowback im aware of, actually.   but the mags may as well be made of card board  :tickedoff

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:46:05 AM »
I'll stick with my Colts and Springfields.  It's hard to beat a 1911-A1.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Elite

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »
the 1911 is what jesus used to shew the heathens from his father's temple , but he used a hipoint to pistol whip them cuz he didn't want to scratch the gold plating on his colt

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »
the 1911 is what jesus used to shew the heathens from his father's temple , but he used a hipoint to pistol whip them cuz he didn't want to scratch the gold plating on his colt

Yeah, he used a Hi-Point to whip them because the gun was jammed and was basically a big plastic club.  ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 08:28:47 PM »
Among the areas of success for the Colt was a test at the end of 1910 attended by its designer, John Browning. Six thousand rounds were fired from a single pistol over the course of two days. When the gun began to grow hot, it was simply immersed in water to cool it. The Colt gun passed with no reported malfunctions, while the Savage designs had 37.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol

I'd like to see a Hi-Point shoot 6,000 rounds over 2 days and not have a malfunction.  ::)   There's a reason the M1911 was the standard issue sidearm for the US Armed Forces from 1911-1985 and are still used by some units of the military and police departments today.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Elite

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 11:06:35 PM »
Yeah, he used a Hi-Point to whip them because the gun was jammed and was basically a big pot metal(?) club.  ;D
Fyxt by the power of Christ.

Facebook Comments