November 21, 2017, 12:37:16 PM

Author Topic: I have  (Read 2226 times)

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
I have
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:00:11 PM »
an old sporterized arisaka. Got it in an auction i few years ago and now am wonder if i could use it to make a project gun out of it. Forgot to mention that i was only a few bucks and if i shot it now i would take a nice shot to the face cause the stock is so short.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:20:46 PM by fuzztsimmers »
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: I have
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »
Should be a pretty good one to mess with Fuzz.  The 6.5 Jap is a good caliber.  Shot several deer with it.  Is your chrysanthemum filed off or still whole?  If it isn't filed off, the gun itself is worth quite a bit more money than one that has been filed.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:09:20 PM »
Make sure it is a 6.5. They Japanese had the later rifles in7.7 mm

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:51:14 AM »
Make sure it is a 6.5. They Japanese had the later rifles in7.7 mm
Absolutely correct. I always though a 6.5 would be great to experiment with. All the 7.7 rifles I have handled were pretty rough.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:41:24 PM »
What BC said.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 02:51:09 AM »
the chrysanthemum is gone sadly and this thing is ugly but good working wise. Not sure what caliber it is but I am betting 7.7mm
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 10:50:13 AM »
Better take it to a gunsmith and have them figure it out for you.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

BBF

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 12:19:25 PM »
If you got a 6.5 mm bullet, see if it drop down the muzzle. If it does it is a 7.7 mm. :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 01:27:24 PM »
If you got a 6.5 mm bullet, see if it drop down the muzzle. If it does it is a 7.7 mm. ;)

Drop me a PM with your address Fuzz.  I can mail you a 6.5 mm bullet.  ;)   Not the whole cartridge, just the bullet.  ;)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 10:35:44 PM »
BC promised to buy me a 6.5 Creedmore!! ;D ;D :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments