December 18, 2017, 11:42:18 AM

Author Topic: shed hunting  (Read 1358 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
shed hunting
« on: February 03, 2013, 08:26:33 PM »
 You've all heard how stoked I was to have private land to bowhunt next year. This makes it worse. I had resigned myself that I don't give a rats patootie about horns and therefore thought I was beyond Buck Fever. Then the neighbor to the lease found these the other day. This means he's still out there ! I really hope I can hold it together if I see the bad boy that sported these.

John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: shed hunting
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 09:57:15 PM »
He's a dandy!  :o   Going after a particular buck is good, if you've got the time to hunt a particular buck and don't really care about the meat.  Otherwise there's 2 other ways to look at it.  Any buck with a bow is a trophy, and 2) If you've gotten a bunch of smaller bucks, then there's nothing wrong with letting the smaller ones walk and getting a bigger one.  ;)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 10:45:42 PM »
Their general rule is don't shoot one unless it's going on the wall and it's bigger than the one already there. Does are fair game all the time. I hunt for the meat and I'm OK with his rules. But if that monster steps in my range, it's game on. I don't have any on the wall and will most likely be condimed to shooting only does cuz that will be hard to beat... I'm good with that.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 08:32:37 AM »
  O0 Nail that bruiser next season, MO!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:48:08 AM »
I say you simultaneously pee, crap, and puke if that thing were to step out in front of you.  ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 01:30:20 PM »
Gonna try to get out this weekend and do a little hiking and looking for sheds.  They're starting to drop a little around here and I figured I'd try to put my cameras back out to monitor the drop.  Figured while I was out I might as well get a little leg work in and loose some of this "insulation".  ;)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 07:59:14 PM »
I went shed hunting last year. I shot four sheds. Man! My neighbors sure were pi**ed!!
 :D :D :-P :-P :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 09:40:26 PM »
I say you simultaneously pee, crap, and puke if that thing were to step out in front of you.  ;D

That's what I'm afraid of.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of.

Since I'm a betting man, I'm willing to take odds on it!  ;D >:D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments