October 24, 2017, 07:26:36 AM

Author Topic: 2013 Hit List  (Read 4223 times)

Offline MKMGOBL

2013 Hit List
« on: February 06, 2013, 09:15:30 AM »
Just wondering whoís got a buck or gobbler thatís been on their hit list for more than one season? Last year I closed a book on a gobbler I chased for two season that I named Ole Two Beards. He made it through the whole season from guys that were trying to belly crawl on him and even watched them trying to do a turkey drive one day :uglystupid2 In the end, I gave him a dirt nap O0 Great bird that was actually had only one beard ??? Wouldn't have guessed it from the photos I had of him.

This year I started a new book on a buck that eluded my Slick Trick. He made it through the gun season and since the end of the season, Iíve been planning my assault from above on him. This buck eluded guy group of guys that only gun hunted and would put on deer drives every other day. Even as I was sitting in my stand bow hunting, these guys would come in and try pushing right under my stand. Bad part thing about public land >:(

My plan next September is to let the air out of him in the archery season before the knuckleheads get in with their guns and push the area. I was heading into an old stand of mine and came across a nice scrape line last October along an old logging road heading into my stand. I set a trail camera on the freshest scrape. The trail camera was up for less than a week but because I had it set up on a logging road (which I hate doing), I wanted to pull it because the smoke-pole season started and gun season around here seems to flood the woods with knuckleheads. 

As I headed in to remove the camera, I thought I better take the gun just in case. Well I ended up bouncing and seeing horns on deer so took a quick shot through an opening in the woods on my walk in. It turned out to be a small 108lb spike. Now donít get me wrong, Iím happy with it and he actually tastes pretty freaking awesome out on the ice. Itís just that the spike I shot is the kind of buck I let walk 24/7/365 to grow up or for some young hunter out for the first time to get a crack at. Anyways, while giving the deer some time I walked another 60yds to my trail camera and this is what my camera caught just the night before.

So whoís on your hit list from this past season that you hope to let the air out of in 2013?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: 2013 Hit List
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 09:25:50 AM »
Heh heh heh, the big rascal is running at night because of the hunting pressure. 

I see a lot of big bucks at night while at work.

I am also seeing quite a few bucks that still haven't shed yet.

O0 You still did good, MK. You went ahead and nailed some meat.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
the one on the thread : look what showed up! Is still on my hit list for next year. Hope he makes it thru till next season.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 03:43:19 PM »
Got some pictures at home I'll have to see about getting loaded tonight.  O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »
When I'm in the woods, the animals take pictures of me. But I'm not one to brag!
 :-P :-P :-P :-P
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
 :D :D :D :D
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »
When I'm in the woods, the animals take pictures of me. But I'm not one to brag!
 :P :P :P :P
 >:D >:D >:D >:D
 ::) ::) ::) ::)
 :D :D :D :D

Sasquatch once took a picture of me.  ;)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
Sasquatch once took a picture of me.  ;)
  ;D Yeah, but that one is the huge crazy blonde female sasquatch that was stalking you in camp.  She felt rebuffed by MO so she puts all her efforts in cornering you and wants to drag you to her cave for her pleasure for the entire winter.

We have to figure out a remedy for her. Maybe sic her on juandog?  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 09:48:01 PM »
Stay thirsty my friends! :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 09:49:20 PM »
I thought Nutz was dating Sasquatch these days?! :D :twisted: :roll: :D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 08:33:16 PM »
Finally got around to resizing and loading some of the pictures.  Here's the one that I'll be after next year.  O0   Pulled the cards from the cameras over the weekend and I've got 1 of him at a salt lick a week or so ago.  :)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:26:21 AM by Big58cal »

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments