November 19, 2017, 02:36:51 PM

Author Topic: 10/22 Question  (Read 1827 times)

Offline MKMGOBL

10/22 Question
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »
After the recent events back in December, I’ve decided to get a few 10/22 clips for my sons for when they get older. I’m afraid that when that time comes, the way of live as we know it will be exterminated and they will never know what it’s like to plink off a big clip of ammo. So my first purchase try was the Ruger BX-25 which didn’t fair to well. My ordered at Midway was pushed back to March 31 due to them being back ordered and even then there was not guarantee I’d get them.

I watched on other sites and saw auctions on them going as high as $130 a clip and some “buy it now” at $175. My buddy runs a sporting goods shop and I got word he had 25 clips coming in the following Monday. Well I cancelled my order with Midway and jumped all over 3 of the Ruger BX-25 clips when they came in. Now I’ve got the clips, finding the actually 10/22 is my next problem. My buddy has had 5 on order since December but nothing is coming in. I plan on buying 3 of them when they do come in…one for me, and each of my sons.

My question…is the Ruger 10/22 hard to get in your neck of the woods?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: 10/22 Question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:49:18 PM »
Haven't looked lately, but they didn't used to be.  Have you looked on GunBroker?  The thing I like about GunBroker is that you can find just about any kind of factory and/or aftermarket configuration you're looking for on there.  O0

Here's one that I got off there a few years ago.  And yes, it's just as green as it looks.  ;D

Here's the search results for "Ruger 10/22" from GunBroker - http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=ruger+10%2f22
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:00:00 PM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MKMGOBL

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »

Yeah...I remember my buddy having several on his gun rack in the shop. He actually had two on the rack the day I was ordering up my Savage 220F. I almost bought the one figuring the 220F would be easy to get over the summer but I didn’t. Now I wish I did seeing I went back up a few days later and both were gone :sad:

Thanks for the Gun Broker link O0 I’ve seen them on there and was watching a few but I rather try to keep my business local seeing I’ve already told him want two when they come in. Plus I’m not a huge fan of getting into the auction bidding. I’m sure he’ll get them in soon and if not, I’ll bit the bullet and hit Gun Broker. I'm sure that my next issue once the guns come in will be ammo. My wife shoots silhouettes a lot and was running low on ammo a few years ago. We could find her ammo online or in any of our local shops. Then one day I noticed a box on the top shelf in a gun shop that turned out to be 6 bricks of the ammo she used in her cowboy gun. I bought all six bricks so she’s set for awhile ;D

BTW….that sure is a pretty loud green but very cool looking 8)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 02:11:44 PM »
It's the only one I've ever seen like it.  O0   You can get them, but they're about as rare as hen's teeth.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline MKMGOBL

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »
They have one list on the Ruger site in the Distributor Exclusives section which is dealers only. Now whether or not they can get them…I don’t know but I think you're still good to go ;D It's the only place other than your I've seen.

I showed a lot of those guns on there to my son a while ago. He liked the black laminate and the engraved Boy Scout walnut.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 09:44:07 PM »
They're common at gun shows down here in Georgia, especially the ones that have been tweeked a bit. I sold mine a while back, but have thought about getting another before too long. Trying to find magazines to fit these weapons is not hard either at the same gun shows. The price I'm sure will go up, but if you look, you'll find them. My and BCs goal is to ensure they dont become illegal, henceforth we intend to do all within our power to keep our representatives from letting the bad guys win. Maybe you should do the same where you are. Don't give up without a fight and dont think they will win just because our scum sucking news media is biased in their direction.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 08:53:25 AM »
Our local Wallyworld has some in stock every time I go into their store.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 11:59:34 AM »
Our local Wallyworld has some in stock every time I go into their store.

Don't buy guns at Walmart!!!!  :o   Typically, they get sent 2nd hand stuff at cheaper prices.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline MKMGOBL

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 12:47:53 PM »
I haven't stepped into a Wal-Fart in years! Last time I was in one, I was filling my WV license listening to the employee explain to a guy where the “bullets” go in his new shotgun he was buying…2 days before the season opener. I stopped writing to watch these knuckleheads and next thing I know the employee was loading the guy’s shotgun right there in the store while giving him a gun/turkey hunting lesson ???

After telling both of them how illegal and unsafe they were being by loading the gun in the store :tickedoff I picked up my license form and left. On the way out I did reported him to the manager but don’t know whatever happened.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 02:46:43 PM »
That's standard practice in WV.  ::)   Where you been?  :?

;D ;D ;D

It doesn't surprise me in the least.  Walmart isn't known to hire "mental giants".  :crazy2

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments