November 23, 2017, 10:01:01 AM

Author Topic: Anybody Heard?  (Read 3518 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Anybody Heard?
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:44:23 PM »
If Winchester(whoever owns it) will be bringing back the model 94 and/or the 1300 or variations of them?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:45:56 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Anybody Heard?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
I don't know the present situation of new 94 rifles being made. I do know they are really fine rifles. I have owned a couple and still own an older model 9422M.

When Winchester tuned toes up a while back, many of their rifles doubled in value overnight.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:44:17 PM »
Haven't heard anything.  I'll have to do some research on it tomorrow and see what I can find.  ;)   It's hard to beat a pre-'64 model 94.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:36:29 AM »
Haven't heard anything.  I'll have to do some research on it tomorrow and see what I can find.  ;)   It's hard to beat a pre-'64 model 94.  O0
  O0 I had one in .30/30, as well as a pre-'64  Model 70. in .270 cal. It was a real shooter.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 10:37:47 AM »
I never had one of them and I don't feel left out. Sloppy lever, straight stock and you can't mount a scope on them that would work for me.
Nothing wrong with the 30-30 Win cartridge, as long as it is from a Marlin. It is even better when that 336 is chambered in 35 Rem. :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »
Well, for what it's worth this is what I found.  It looks like they brought them back for a little while in 2010 for the 200th Anniversary of Oliver Winchester's birthday for a limited production run in Japan.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/winchester-model-94-rides-again/

The Winchester site lists the M94, but it's got to be the limited edition guns as every one has a MSRP of no less than about $1,200.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/category.asp?family=003C

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 12:29:41 AM »
I have to admit the 336 is a much better rifle than the 94 and for all the reasons BBF said. Right before Winchester went Tango-Uniform they came out with a 94 that was called a Scout rifle. It could be broken down and it came with ghost ring sights and a forward rail to mount a low power long eye relief scope on. It came in .32 Winchester and .30-30.

Now before you say that all it was is a short version of the old top ejector 94 that required a long eye relief scope if you were going to put one on it, let me say I saw one at a gun store and while it didnt have the feeling of toughness of a 336, it was tougher overall imho, than a regular 94. I've seen one for sale on gunbroker and another at a gun show here, but they seem to have been made just one year (2005 I think but dont hold me to it).

I need another carbine like I need another hole in the head, and even if Im more a Marlin than Winchester guy, Ive met quite a few guys who swear by the older and newer 94s. Plus I just hate to see a company like Winchester go under.

I like the .35 Remington too BBF. Some people down here even call it the .35 caliber Marlin. But there are so few companies that load it. I like to have a plethora of choices when it comes to ammo selection and you just dont have it with the 35.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:31:24 AM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

BBF

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »
How about rolling your own??
You can get Brass from WW or Rem perhaps even Federal.  200 gr bullets are available in bulk from Rem and all of the bullet makers have something for the caliber.

I gave my 336 to my daughter( old model before that @#$&!! cross safety) and wish I hadn't. Her latest squeeze doesn't hunt so the rifle is gathering dust somewhere. She wants it as a keepsake. :roll:

Re Winchester There was a short production run on the Angle Eject models in 375 Win. A much better constructed rifle than the 94 with good looking wood. While living in British Columbia the local dealer sold them for $ 149 to get rid of his stock.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 12:18:49 AM »
Why not reload myself? Im lazy! Pretty much that simple. Never wanted to reload, black powder hunt or crossbow hunt.

I may wake up tomorrow possessed by BC and go buy an Excalibur and Thompson .69 caliber...(do they come in .69? It IS my favorite number you know? :D ;D :twisted: :roll:)

Hopefully if Im possessed someone will get me an exorcist! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I remember when the .375 came out and caused a splash. I shot one and liked it too. That was a stronger and better made rifle than the standard 94 of the day. I guess people couldnt groove on it though. I think it was only made for a year or two and then it was adios.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:20:57 AM by bohicajuan »

BBF

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 11:09:56 AM »
I keep thinking 69 is a position and not a caliber, but then what do I know?

Facebook Comments