October 17, 2017, 11:47:49 PM

Author Topic: &*^%^$%#@%$^%$#@#^ SNOW!  (Read 1498 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
&*^%^$%#@%$^%$#@#^ SNOW!
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:48:42 AM »
 :tickedoff Last forcast, 6+ inches of snow, very low temps, and high winds coming here to SE Iowa!

My truck gets around good in snow, but blizzards are something else.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

Re: &*^%^$%#@%$^%$#@#^ SNOW!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:32:57 AM »
Welcome to my world. We had that crap last week, and we now havew snow/rain mix. I just love it................................................N O T !!

The truck a 2x4 a Canyon has studded tires all around and a concrete plate in the back to give some weight to the rear wheels. We have done well so far.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:50:30 PM »
We're supposed to get a little freezing rain off of that storm John, but they're calling for a mix of rain and freezing rain, with the temps staying just warm enough that the freezing rain won't be too much of a bother.  O0   Supposed to be up in the mid 50's and sunny this weekend.  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 12:03:39 AM »
Take a snow day John! With weather that bad, you dont have to worry about any camel jockey-ragheads trying to sneak on the base! O0 O0 O0 O0

If you do get stuck though just give BC a call and he'll be right over to haul you out! :D :D :D :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 09:15:47 AM »
Take a snow day John! With weather that bad, you dont have to worry about any camel jockey-ragheads trying to sneak on the base! O0 O0 O0 O0

If you do get stuck though just give BC a call and he'll be right over to haul you out! :D :D :D :twisted: :roll: :wink:
  O0 ;D Yeah! Let me see, where did :wink: I put BC's phone number,............................... . 

Our last big blizzard consisted of 18"-24" of snow with high winds. I made it home that night (9 miles). The main problem along with pushing snow with the front bumper was the visibility was poor, lots of whitouts and was late at night.

I recently had new tires installed, big aggressive tread mud/snow busters. Perhaps I may have to go pull BC out.  :wink: :roll: ;D  And my Tundra 4X4 is a pretty heavy truck.

All that is moot when ya can't see the road during whiteouts. At work, they keep many us close to HQ and have a few us just respond to emergencies, and some mostly stationary at the outposts.

One time during a snowstorm, a female production operator stopped at the main gate and said to the guard, " Aren't you fellas always worried about terrorist attacks"? The guard deadpanned, "No worry. As you know, terrorists don't attack in bad weather or winter". She looked at the guard and sincerely replied, "Oh, that's right"!  and drove away. :uglystupid2 ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »
They said we'd get 1-3, then 2-4 and I think we ended with 6 inches at my house. Mostly snow, but some sleet mixed in. At one point it came down like a hard rain. I opened the door and it sounded like bacon sizzleing, so I went back in and fried up some bacon of course. I had the day off and other than taking the Breadwinner to work at 5 in the morning I did very little except watch it happen.
 I could have gone to job 3 but my only access to the building is the garage door. If power goes out, I'm screwed. Plus not having access to windows It could get real bad and I wouldn't know it was time to bail.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

BBF

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 10:53:37 PM »
A bit more white, sometimes rain. We are not going above freezing.
Our road hasn't been fixed properly for over 30 years. No I'm not kidding!!
The frost heaves are so bad that a fully tracked vehicle would be the right transportation.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 12:26:37 AM »
Its 12:25am and we have a thunderstorm going on. Not that much rain, but thunder and lightning like crazy. Temp is 60 degrees but it feels warmer than that.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 09:27:56 AM »
Its 12:25am and we have a thunderstorm going on. Not that much rain, but thunder and lightning like crazy. Temp is 60 degrees but it feels warmer than that.
  O0 :) Much better than snow, bo! We received probably 5 or 6 inches and it's still snowing.

I took a tumble on the ice at work last night and am pretty sore this morning. It's going to be so much fun scooping snow when it quits snowing.

My wife loves snow.  :idiot2 :tickedoff She thinks it is so beautiful and wants it to snow.  She's not able to scoop the beautiful &^*%^^%#@@#$^%$%%&^$$ stuff because of her  poor heart ( + mental ?) health. 

Maybe I can trade her for a snowblower or a good rifle.

BBF

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »
Trading in the wife for a newer Model perhaps?

Facebook Comments