December 14, 2017, 12:01:13 PM

Author Topic: &*^%^$%#@%$^%$#@#^ SNOW!  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: &*^%^$%#@%$^%$#@#^ SNOW!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »
All of the stuff is all gone from around here.  Had a little sleet and rain last night, but the freezing rain stayed north of us.  Left the house this morning at 7 AM and it was 35 degrees.  Temp shows it's 51 outside now.  O0   It's cloudy and a little windy, but not too bad.

John you better watch and not fall and break a hip!  :crazy2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 11:28:51 PM »
Its been raining here all day. One channel says its 41, another said its 43 and another said it was 39. Good sleeping wether, if I could fall asleep! Been averaging about 3 hours a night for the last two weeks. I feel like Im back in the green and been in the boonies!!!

Remember the boonies John?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 07:48:08 AM »
Its been raining here all day. One channel says its 41, another said its 43 and another said it was 39. Good sleeping wether, if I could fall asleep! Been averaging about 3 hours a night for the last two weeks. I feel like Im back in the green and been in the boonies!!!

Remember the boonies John?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yep!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 08:04:31 AM »
Trading in the wife for a newer Model perhaps?
Can't afford it, have too much invested in her. I tried to trade her for a good Mountain Cur dog one time but the guy wouldn't trade because my wife wouldn't show her teeth.

She did when we got home, though.  :shock:

I went out to the truck to head to the store to buy a snowblower. Wow! Somebody used a snowblower on my walks! Some great neighbor, and I don't even know who to thank.

We have another round of snow coming, so I went ahead and bought a snowblower. Our old snowblower shot craps last year. I have been scooping snow ever since. 

After a hard fall on the ice at work Thursday evening, I am still sore and figured the h3ll with shoveling snow.  :tickedoff

We own a corner lot, lots of sidewalk.  :idiot2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 02:39:28 PM »
Sidewalk ??
Haven't had one of those in Ages.
To get up our driveway we put the vehicle across the road and back it up as far as we can without ending up in the ditch. Then we take a run at the driveway as often as it takes to get up to were we park.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 09:01:22 AM »
Sidewalk ??
Haven't had one of those in Ages.
To get up our driveway we put the vehicle across the road and back it up as far as we can without ending up in the ditch. Then we take a run at the driveway as often as it takes to get up to were we park.
A little excitement when the snow is deep, eh? It's sure nice you don't have to scoop walks. Hey! Hand the snow shovel to your wife and have her scoop the driveway.  :wink: :roll: Any chance to widen your driveway where it joins the road?

I turned my whole backyard into a gravel parking lot with lots of room to pull into right off the street and alley. Two shop buildings, the 18' boat & trailer, and two vehicles pretty well takes up the parking.

We don't have to clear our parking area of snow. Wife's vehicle has AWD and my truck has 4WD.

We have another big snow coming in a few days.  :tickedoff This time, I AM PREPARED! I get to play with my new snowblower.   :twisted:

For the most part, we hate snow in the winter. Morel mushrooms come up for two weeks or so in the Spring and that's a big thing here in SE Iowa. As most of us often mention to offset the gloom of the cold and snow, at least the snow moisture is good for the mushrooms and fishing.   :roll:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 08:07:55 AM »
All of the stuff is all gone from around here.  Had a little sleet and rain last night, but the freezing rain stayed north of us.  Left the house this morning at 7 AM and it was 35 degrees.  Temp shows it's 51 outside now.  O0   It's cloudy and a little windy, but not too bad.

John you better watch and not fall and break a hip!  :crazy2
  :shock:  :)  Thanks, BC!

We have another 5 1/2 to 8" coming tonight.  :tickedoff  I am ready for the stuff with my new snowblower.  :twisted:

Shoveling the walks when we get these big snows is just about too much for me nowdays.  :buck2

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 08:52:06 PM »
Here's a novel idea........  Move south out of all of that mess.  ::) ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 10:26:48 PM »
What ?? Give up that semi private petting zoo!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 09:28:30 AM »
Would be nice to move south!

It's snowing like crazy with over 6" due.  :tickedoff Blizzard conditions are forecasted.  :tickedoff

Facebook Comments