November 24, 2017, 01:32:19 PM

Author Topic: KY Crossbow Legislation Introduced  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
KY Crossbow Legislation Introduced
« on: March 21, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
I found this on another site and looked it up.  I hope this passes.  O0

HB 417 [/color](BR 1183) - F. Steele[/color], L. Combs

AN ACT relating to hunting with crossbow.

Amend 150.370 to allow use of crossbow during the entire archery season; require the Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources to promulgate administrative regulations that specify characteristics of the crossbow.

Feb 19-introduced in House
Feb 20-to Natural Resources & Environment (H); posted in committee

Here's the link to the bill on the KY LRC site:  http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13RS/HB417.htm

Though I would rather the Legislature stay out of wildlife related issues, this seems like the only way that we're going to get full inclusion of crossbows in the entire archery season.

Start sending some emails to anyone you know in KY.  Have them write their Reps and ask them to support this bill (HB417).  I've already written mine.  They're supposed to vote on it sometime this month.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: KY Crossbow Legislation Introduced
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »
It should pass. All they have to do is look at other states and see how its not affected the herd in a negative manner, and it brought in more money for the state!

Its a win-win.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:06:33 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:31:29 PM »
If I knew anyone else in Ky, I'd definately send them this link.
 No need for them to look at other states, they only have to look at the impact in their own state. The numbers you posted before might indicate more deer taken over all, but that is accounted for in the extra days of crossbow season.
 The part about specifying the characteristics of a crossbow is a little troubling. Might this exclude the  self cocking bows I linked in another post ? Limit poundage ? A little vague as to what the intent is.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 06:00:59 PM »
I can't open up the file. You'd think they would make an allowance for people with a disability to allow for self cocking. Don't they have something now that allows for exemptions with a doctors excuse?

I was really shocked when Georgia legalized crossbows during archery season, seeing as we were the last state in the country to legalize compund bows.

Kentucky might end up being like Georgia in that they will make changes to the law after the season is over to put in or take out the various things that were thought not/or needed.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
the link is the same as what is in the box at the top. No need to open.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 11:10:08 PM »
The file link on the LRC site is a Word doc.  It has the actual changes to the regulation:

AN ACT relating to hunting with crossbow. Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Kentucky:
 Section 1.   KRS 150.370 is amended to read as follows: (1)     No person shall take any wildlife except during the open season for the particular species as prescribed by the department. (2)     Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to persons who hunt red fox at night with dogs for sport and not to kill; and who during daylight or night hours exercise and train rabbit dogs, raccoon dogs, bird dogs, and retrievers, but not to kill. The department may, however: (a)     Regulate training seasons for rabbit dogs, raccoon dogs, bird dogs, and retrievers in such manner as not to discriminate against one (1) type of animal over any other nor as to unduly limit such activities; and (b)     Permit rabbit dog, raccoon dog, bird dog, fox dog, and retriever meets held by organized clubs, regardless of any hunting season, with the prior approval of the department provided said approval was requested at least thirty (30) days prior to the meet. (3)     The department shall allow use of crossbow as a method of take during the entire archery season. The department shall promulgate administrative regulations specifying the characteristics of the crossbow eligible for use during archery season, including but not limited to peak draw, working safety, and limb width.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:12:46 PM by Big58cal »

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 09:13:46 AM »
 O0 Good deal! I will contact my pals in KY.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 12:57:45 PM »
Let me get this straight... Y'all actually in favor of them setting limitations on which crossbows can be used ??
 Granted you get inclusion in the reg archery season out of it, but at what price ?? :idiot2

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 02:54:15 PM »
Let me get this straight... Y'all actually in favor of them setting limitations on which crossbows can be used ??
 Granted you get inclusion in the reg archery season out of it, but at what price ?? :idiot2

Use your head man.  ::)   Do you want someone going deer hunting with a crossbow pistol?  How about a little 50 lb toy crossbow?  :idiot2

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 03:53:40 PM »
I thought you WERE using a kiddie toy bow? :shock: :-P :twisted: :roll: :wink: ;D ;D ;D :D

Facebook Comments