October 17, 2017, 02:04:53 AM

Author Topic: hotmail  (Read 1974 times)

travo

hotmail
« on: January 27, 2005, 08:21:37 PM »
why am i getting 30 hotmail letters a day from gutpiles? they all say reply:subject, and how can i make it stop?

Offline squirrelsniper

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • What's Up?
    • http://antlerinnforums.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Re: hotmail
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 08:59:14 PM »
Go to your blocking settings and block it

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 09:17:06 PM »
Travo - is this something from the site or does it appear to be directly from me?   ???

I have the board set to allow users to hide their emails, but I know there is some robotic
programs that try to hit boards and harvest the addresses.    Can you send me a sample?
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 11:19:37 PM »
Might ought to check your preferences  in your profile and see if you have them set to notify you when theres a responce.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 03:04:01 PM »
Yep..... I believe someone has the notify on reply function checked.   :roll:    :)

Don't worry Travo...we won't tell anyone.   :mrgreen:

travo

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 11:58:32 PM »
ive tried "unchecking"that button 3 or 4 times, but im still getting them. ill try again though. is there a button ya gotta push to apply it or something?

travo

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 12:01:34 AM »
i just went to my profile and it was unchecked, but im still getting them. i also hit unsubscribe a bunch of times yesterday, didnt seem to help.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 09:40:25 AM »
Travo - check your preferences one more time just to be sure.  I went in and killed all of the notifications that I saw listed for you, but let's make sure by having you check the page and save the preferences again.  Sorry for the hassle buddy.  Bear with us - we'll get it going!   :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 12:15:34 PM »
I had it checked on the old forum, and then unchecked the "Topic Reply Notification" button a few days before we switched over.  I'm still getting them from time to time.  What I finally figured out is that it's sending me a reply for topics that I had replied to when I had it checked.  Confused yet?  Anyway, it will probably take a couple of weeks for everything to work out of the system.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments