November 22, 2017, 08:39:59 PM

Author Topic: Think About Going Fishing....  (Read 3705 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Think About Going Fishing....
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:39:55 PM »
Might sneak off Saturday and see what happens.

Just got off the phone with a guy who says he's got a bunch of catalpa worms and he'll sell me a few. These are the best bream bait in the South imho. Get my telescoping poles and put some new line on them and may have to get out and try my luck.

I love to bream fish. No pressure, no hassle, the easier the better.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Think About Going Fishing....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »
  O0 Good luck, bo!

We use those same worms for catfishing.  When I lived in Illinois I had a catalpa tree in my yard with catalpa worms all over the tree. It was really nice to be able to get the worms right at home.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »
I honestly don't know what happened, but I've never been one to look a gifthorse in the mouth. I woke up Saturday with the intent of doing a little bream fishing, but walked outside and could not believe how great the weather was. The humidity was so low that it felt like a November more than a June.

I grabbed my belly boat and waders and drove down to the river and hooked up my ultra light spinning tackle and had one of those very, very, very, very, very, very, very rare days fishing.

I fished a two mile stretch of the river from 7:15am-1:00pm and caught and released 16 trout between 7" and 12" I lost 4 more for a grand total of twenty trout hooked. Thirteen were rainbow and three were brown.

I've lived and fished in this area my entire life and have never had such a day. Not even close.

In addition to the trout I caught, two perch, two red eye bass and a chain pickerel. All were released after catching them.

I had the river pretty much all to myself until about 9:30am when other people woke up and saw how low the humidity was and started to invade my area. Still we managed to stay out of each others way, and most of the guys who were fishing ultra light spinning like me had good success.

The fly fishing guys didn't do as well, but they were pulling a few out. I didn't see any lunkers being caught, but it was still a great day, that only happens once in a blue moon.

When I knocked off I headed back to the parking area and compared notes with others on what they were using. It was pretty much your standard fare for this section of the river.

4-6lb mono due to water clarity and #0 and #1 Mepps and Rooster Tails and a few 1/32 ounce Little Cleos in silver and gold.

Pretty much all of the trout were put and take by the DNR in this section of the river and it's an artificial area only, but you still have to catch them, and like I said, I've never had a such a great day trout fishing anywhere like this.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:37:32 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »
  O0 That was the perfect day, bo! I wish every day could be that good for you.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 12:26:30 AM »
Glad you got a day to relax. I never spent much time trying for trout. I do love me some pan fish.
 When I was growing up I came to call all the small species Bream. My dad only took us catfishing. Probably the only fishing he knew. Perhaps he just didn't know the names of the smaller fish, so he just called them Bream. He did know Carp and Gar and being from southern Ark, you can imagine what he called them.
 Is there actually a species called Bream or is it a term you use to categorize all of what I call pan fish such as Bluegill, red ear, crappie ect ?
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
 :shock:  :'( Oooops! I accidentally deleted bo's last post! Sorry, bo! can you re-post that?

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 10:32:59 PM »
I forgot what I posted. But I think it was telling Mo that we call all members of the sunfish family, bream here in Georgia. That includes bluegill, rock bass, shellcrackers and pumpkinseeds.

Oh yes, I remember now. I don't eat carp or gar either, but I hooked a gar once in the White River in northeast Arkansas and it fought as hard as tarpon I've caught in Florida. I lost him as he got close to the bank, and the cousins I was fishing with were real happy because they didn't want to deal with all those teeth. I don't eat buffalo either, but my family love it and eat it all the time. Buffalo are not found in any numbers in this part of Georgia so I don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:34:51 PM by bohicajuan »

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »
I forgot what I posted. But I think it was telling Mo that we call all members of the sunfish family, bream here in Georgia. That includes bluegill, rock bass, shellcrackers and pumpkinseeds.

Oh yes, I remember now. I don't eat carp or gar either, but I hooked a gar once in the White River in northeast Arkansas and it fought as hard as tarpon I've caught in Florida. I lost him as he got close to the bank, and the cousins I was fishing with were real happy because they didn't want to deal with all those teeth. I don't eat buffalo either, but my family love it and eat it all the time. Buffalo are not found in any numbers in this part of Georgia so I don't worry about it.
Thanks for re-posting, bo! My bad!
Carp, buffalo, and gars are easy to be found here on the Mississippi River and other bodies of water.
I love to eat carp and buffalo.  :)

Offline Jwn

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 08:00:11 PM »
ever heard of warmouth bass? they are quite common here. people often mistake them for rock bass. they do look somewhat simular.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 12:31:26 AM »
I'm not familiar with warmouth, Jwm.

Facebook Comments