November 18, 2017, 02:48:58 PM

Author Topic: Anyone remember jonny?  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Jwn

Anyone remember jonny?
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:00:42 PM »
im that 11 year old, now 16 year old. LOL. hey guys, it's been quite awhile, since then ive gotten tons more outdoor experience, become a better individual all around, gotten into high school, and matured quite a bit. oh, and ive also become quite the shooter, back then i had only shot a .22, since then ive done shotguns up to 12 gauge, and bought a 1377 that i customized to be a pretty reliable hunter, have ended several squirrels, ALOT of house sparrows (that were in my houses vents) and european starlings. looking forward to re-meeting you guys!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Anyone remember jonny?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 10:05:21 PM »
Hey Johnny, great to see ya back! And you are a squirrel hunter! ALL IS RIGHT!  O0

What is a 1377?

You ready for hunting season?

This message is sent to you by a rabid squirrel hunter.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Jwn

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:31:18 PM »
good to see you again john! definately ready for squirrel season. hoping i can also hunt for deer this year.
a crosman 1377 is a highly customizeable airpistol that can be modded for various uses. it has parts interchangable with other airguns, and is fairly weak at 5 FPE, but modded can get to 10 and higher. people have squeezed 20 fpe out that particular system. mines has been converted to .22, and has a 24 inch barrel. i also added a carbine stock and steel breech with dovetail to use a scope with it. i bought a 3-9x40 AO mil dot and i can get dime sized or better at 30 yards with RWS superdomes. its been changing quite a bit, so right now as it currently is, i have not gotten any squirrel with it. but i have done some pest control and killed a few house sparrows at 25 yards. pesky things are invading my attics vent and making too much noise in the morning. 30 yards might not sound too impressive, but its far better than the 10 i was limited to with the stock 10 inch barrel.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 12:15:42 AM »
Welcome back. Yep, the 1377 (now 1322) can be quite the project gun. Have you modded the valve assy ? That gun can teach you a lot about basic gunsmithing, mechanics and pneumatics.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Jwn

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 12:35:18 AM »
havent gone that far yet. had the flat top valve mod done on a valve, hesitated to buy the final part (flat top piston) and the guy doing them got filled to the brim with work. not exactly a machinist nor do i have the tools so its wait till he gets done or buy from another part maker.

Facebook Comments