December 11, 2017, 04:40:32 AM

Author Topic: New Winchester .17 WSM  (Read 2733 times)

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
New Winchester .17 WSM
« on: June 29, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »
Early this year Winchester opened the news of their new rimfire round, the .17 Winchester Super magnum (.17 WSM) and a Winchester single shot rifle chambered in the new round. Their offered rifle has a suggested price of just over $1,500.

Savage jumped on the bandwagon and has offered their BMag chambered in the new round. Their rifle is a bolt action with an eight shot rotary clip with the price of about $345-350. Some of the rifles and ammo have just starting to be stocked in stores.

The new 17 WSM round sports a 20gr (approx. 3,000 ft. per sec.) and a 25gr (2600 or so ft. per sec.) . The ammo has 50 rounds per box and sells for $14-$17 per box. The round has half the wind drift and half the drop of the .17 HMR. A lot of info and videos are on the net as I speak.

I ordered my B Mag and some boxes of ammo when the Winchester and Savage news broke months ago. Still, no rifle and ammo have arrived but should be here in the near future.

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: New Winchester .17 WSM
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 11:34:53 PM »
Wow, one part of me wants to break out the dusty old sharp stick, the other part shares your agony waiting for a long over due toy. I'm hearing rumors things are getting better in some areas of the country as far as firearm related availabilities. Hopefully your rifle will come in soon.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »
Thanks, MO. The 17WSM is a 200-300 yard squirrel/coyote rifle. They are shooting smaller that 1/2" groups at 200 yards with the whizbang.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 03:38:28 PM »
.......Winchester single shot rifle chambered in the new round. Their offered rifle has a suggested price of just over $1,500.

Savage jumped on the bandwagon and has offered their BMag chambered in the new round. Their rifle is a bolt action with an eight shot rotary clip with the price of about $345-350.

I guess these rifles are like scopes, in that you get what you pay for.  ::)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »

I guess these rifles are like scopes, in that you get what you pay for.  ::) 
  :knuppel2 ;D Better than an inferior Marlin!  ;D

Facebook Comments