December 10, 2017, 08:47:05 PM

Author Topic: A Few Critter Pictures  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: A Few Critter Pictures
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 07:52:38 PM »
someone has the makings of a good year!  I see jerky in your / OUR  :wink:  future!!!    O0
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 10:05:05 PM »
Go back and catch me that woodchuck. I want him as a pet! ;D :twisted: :roll:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 08:28:30 AM »
Go back and catch me that woodchuck. I want him as a pet! ;D :twisted: :roll:
  ;D And that coyote!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 11:18:59 AM »
I noticed that too about the picture when I was going through them.  Yeah, I've got a .444 Marlin Mo.  Took it with me last year when I was turkey hunting during gun season for deer with my crossbow (confused yet?).  LOL!  The archery season for turkeys runs straight from Sept. to Jan.  I had already taken the 3 deer I had planned on getting last year by the time the gun season rolled around, so I was turkey hunting with the crossbow.  I still took the .444 Marlin though in case a coyote came through too fast or in too thick of brush for me to get a shot at with the crossbow.  O0   With any luck though, one of them buggers will come through and I can get a shot with the crossbow this year.  I've gotten them with a rifle and muzzleloader in the past, now I want to get one with the crossbow.  ;)

That groundhog was up there last year.  I wanted to put an arrow through him then and have him mounted, but only had 1 chance to and something spooked him before I got a chance to even raise the bow.  With any luck, that fat little bugger will show up again this year and I'll be able to put an arrow through him.

Yeah, there's a pretty good crop of bucks up there so far this year.  I'm curious to see how that one wide buck's rack turns out.  Specifically, I want to see what the tines do.  I'm thinking that that buck is the big 9 pt that was up there last year that had a broken brow tine.  If the tines kind of curve out and up and in, then it will be him.  If not, then it's another one that's taken up residence around there.

We do pretty well and try not to take any little bucks, unless it's either really slim pickings that year on deer or it's a really weird rack.  On our property, I was the only one last year to harvest any deer at all, let alone a buck (my brother didn't hardly even hunt).  Most of the landowners around there also won't take a buck unless it's a pretty good one, so that lets the deer get some age on them.

One of the biggest factors though is where they converted some neighboring land to a State Forest and WMA.  There's no access to it except for foot traffic and, to put it bluntly, the people that try to hunt it are a bunch of whiners.  ;D   I've read topics on another site last year about people griping about the KDFWR putting money into that place saying it's too thick and steep for them to hunt.  They did once, but they won't again.  That's OK by me.  O0   That just lets those deer get bigger and older.  ;)

Here's some pictures from last year, and this February, of the big 9 pt.  I'm hoping that the wide one this year is this one.  If it is, he'll be a whopper!  :o

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 08:57:17 PM »
DANG!! Still got antlers into February! That's something!

Btw...How cold was it then?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 01:12:02 AM »
Don't really know how cold it was.  Temps were relatively mild this year.  There's snow in the 1 picture, so you can guess it was somewhere around freezing.

I've got a picture of 1 buck, can't remember the date, but I want to think it was up around the first part of April, that still had his antlers.  Most all had shed by the end of February / start of March around here.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »
I asked, because I can remember when I lived in Florida, the mild weather seemed to get the deer to keep their antlers longer. I recall seeing a deer in early April one time that still had one antler on him. It was about 82 degrees.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 10:10:21 AM »
Yeah, here it is.  4/4 of this year.  Looks like a little 4 pt.  Camera snapped 2 pictures of him.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 07:51:49 PM »
Now THAT'S Bizarre!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 09:22:27 AM »
We had an 8 pointer that still had it's antlers in May. For years we saw it hanging out near our test fire area office. Some "experts" suggest it was actually a doe with hormone problems. I didn't see it this year.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments