October 21, 2017, 12:00:51 PM

Author Topic: A Few Critter Pictures  (Read 2562 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: A Few Critter Pictures
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 10:19:35 AM »
BC, what are you using on your mineral spots? Looks like what ever it is, they really like it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »
BC, what are you using on your mineral spots? Looks like what ever it is, they really like it.

Ah, I can't tell you that, otherwise everyone will be using it.  ;)

;D ;D

Actually, all 3 sites have just a regular trace mineral block that you get at a feed store.  Nothing special about it.  One of the spots though, I've been putting out Massive Mineral Mix.

http://www.massivemineral.com/

The deer have been tearing that sh*t up!!!!  :o   I first heard about the stuff on Excalibur's show on the Sportsman's Channel.  They swear by the stuff, so I thought I would check it out.  Put out 10 lbs of it and they tore it up!  Put out 20 more pounds of it and it's gone.  Got 40 lbs on order now and it should be here by the weekend.  I'll put about 20 lbs out now and wait a couple of weeks and put the other 20 lbs out.  By that time, it will almost be bow season.

From what I understand about the stuff, I didn't get it out early enough this year to do much good.  It may do some good on their antlers, but not much.  If I keep it out in front of them through next year, then I'll really see the results in their antlers.  :) :D

Here's a few more pictures of "the big one" and his running buddy.  He's coming along right nicely.  >:D O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 09:55:59 AM »
Nice! Git em, BC!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 01:28:20 PM »
Forgot to add J-BUCKS, back in late winter / early spring, all 3 cameras were averaging around 1,000 pictures each every 2 weeks.  That included the coons, squirrels, nothing, etc.  As summer got here, the number of pictures started trailing off a bit in late May / early June.

Now, I'm down to about 300-500 pictures every 2 weeks at 2 of the mineral sites.  The one where I've been putting out the Massive Mineral Mix, I've been getting at least 2,000 - 3,000 pictures every 2 weeks (most of the time, closer to the 3K).

All 3 sites have just a regular trace mineral block that you get at a feed store.  Two of the sites have been established for several years.  The other site about 2 years.  The only thing different about the one place is the MMM.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments