December 13, 2017, 02:00:08 PM

Author Topic: I Feel Like Picking a Fight!!!  (Read 1810 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
I Feel Like Picking a Fight!!!
« on: July 09, 2013, 07:59:35 PM »
I'm bored. Ain't nothin' happinen' heah'

So....

We haven't done a BEST GUN....in a long time, so....

Here it is, but with a twist.

What is the best .22 made. EVER.

I'm going to say its a toss up between the Marlin 39A and the old Remington Nylon 66.

Your turn! Please elaborate on why you chose the one you did.

Winner gets a year subscription to Flashlight Magazine.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:01:18 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: I Feel Like Picking a Fight!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 09:30:31 AM »
Those are tough choices to beat! The Marlin 60 and its knockoffs are really great. Ruger 10/22 rifles have done a lot for the shooting industry. And don't forget those old Winchester and Remington pumps sold during the late 1800's and halfway through the next century. And how about the lever action 94 Winchester?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 12:17:11 PM »
For me the Marlin 60, but only because it's the one I got. It does what I ask of it everytime. I don't ask a lot, just be accurate and work right and be affordably priced.
 Now if I were to raise the stakes a bit, the Ruger 10/22. Thanks to creative minds in the aftermarket, it is the be-all, do-all of the 22 rimfire world.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:53:15 PM »
The Marlin model 60 is a good solid dependable rifle. Probably the best semi-auto .22 made today.

I know several guys who have them and a few are close to 30 years old and they're still getting it done!

The gun itself is as old as I am and the people at Marlin claim 11 million sold. That's a testament to how good a weapon it is!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 09:50:10 AM »
I remember a pal I grew up with that bought a black Nylon 66 when we were kids. As far as I know, he still has that great rifle. 

I still own my Marlin 60 and the 9422M rifle and they function and shoot great. The Marlin 60 loves CCI Stingers.

Moving along, I have my Savage 93 .17HMR, the most accurate rifle imaginable.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
I gotta say a Ruger 10/22.  The Marlin 60 can probably outshoot it, but as far as brand recognition and getting kids in shooting, it would have to be the Ruger.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 05:13:57 PM »
I gotta say a Ruger 10/22.  The Marlin 60 can probably outshoot it, but as far as brand recognition and getting kids in shooting, it would have to be the Ruger.

I've owned a few 10/22s over the years and my only complaint was their stock was a bit thick for smaller hands. I was also not a big fan of the concave butt-plate in the 10/22 and in their .44 mag. semi-auto.

BUT!! There are so many ways to trick out the 10/22 and they make like 10 million stocks for them, and 30 million barrels, it didn't tale long before I had the darn thing looking nothing like it was when I bought it.

Maybe I just had bad luck, but I owned two Butler Creek Barrels on two different 10/22s and neither was worth a damn imho.

Shilen would have been a better choice, as I look back on it. But Butler Creek barrels were all over the place and the Shilen barrels had to be ordered.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:18:13 PM by bohicajuan »

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »
10/4 on those barrels, bo. I had a custom built .218 Bee with a Douglas barrel, a real nail driver. The rifle was converted from an old .25/20 or .32/20.

Facebook Comments