November 20, 2017, 09:19:06 PM

Author Topic: Here Come the Doves!  (Read 1354 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Here Come the Doves!
« on: August 27, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »
Saturday will be the dove opener. We've not heard back from several wounded veterans who hunt with us yet, so I don't know how many we'll have this year. Just spoke to one of my amigos and it looks like we have at least 3 guys and maybe 5. As y'all know, a dove shoots success is often predicated on how many shooters you have. The more the merrier(2 hunters per acre is usually good)

All I can say is I got my haircut, and have ironed my shirt so it accentuates my massive muscles and of course I've washed and ironed AND dry cleaned all my ascots.

I'll bring everyone of them and see which brings out the color in my eyes the best, before I put it on.  :-P :-P :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Here Come the Doves!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:57:26 AM »
 :roll: ;D ;D ;D ;D Color selection is of the up most importance!

Are all those hot Atlanta babes going to allow you sneak out opening day?  I heard they are tying better knots now and you may have to sneak a knife to bed to cut yourself loose. And be sure to hide your 'cuffs or have a key under your pillow!

I'm not a bird hunter but as you probably guess, a hard core rabid squirrel hunter. Our dove, rabbit, and squirrel season opens Saturday. It's in the high 90's for the week and I don't know if I will bother to sneak out.  :-\

I ordered  new .17 WSM Savage BMag rifle and ammo last winter and the order hasn't shown up yet.  :'(  It is a 300 yard squirrel and coyote rifle.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 04:41:09 PM »
Tomorrow is the big day. They're predicting rain, but hopefully it will pass us by or just be a short shower.

Still not sure how many wounded Vets we'll have. It looks like five as of right now. I figure at least a few will bring wives and/or kids. I picked up another case of 20 gauge shells earlier today so that gives me 2 cases of 12 gauge  and 2 cases of 20 gauge. Others are bringing more, so we should have plenty as long as someone doesn't bring a 16 or 28 gauge....Then we be screwed! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :'( :'(

We got gator aid, jugs of ice water, sunscreen, cookies and snacks, and we're going to bar-b-q some pork shoulder and ribs.

And needless to say....PLENTY OF ASCOTS! :D :D ;D ;D :twisted: :roll: :wink:

These last two/three weeks have been Jam-Up Crazy, so I'll bring some big boy drinks to have AFTER the shoot and AFTER we've put the guns away.

It's been such a crazy August that I ALMOST miss Afghanistan! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :idiot2 :uglystupid2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 10:14:33 AM »
 O0 That sounds really great, bo! Those fellas and all will have a great time!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 03:14:08 AM »
Can't wait to hear how it goes. Sure is a good thing y'all do for the vets and their families. Get some pics and post them up if you can.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »
Lost one of my men to a drunk driver and never went hunting. We had the funeral Saturday and haven't been in the mood to do much of anything.

I was told that opening day was a good one though and everybody had a great time.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »
 :'( That sure is sad news, bo! If the drunk is in jail, I hope they roast him.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 07:44:57 PM »
The drunk died on scene and my buddy was taken off life support when the doctor said there was no hope. We had the funeral Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:53:08 PM by bohicajuan »

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 10:54:45 PM »
So sad to hear this, as if y'all don,t take enough risk in the name of public service, to loose one to something stupid like this, sickening.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 11:35:29 AM »
Sorry, Bo... That's rough, Man. :(
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Facebook Comments