October 22, 2017, 10:45:14 PM

Author Topic: Hoosier FNG  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Lilfellar

Hoosier FNG
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:16:45 AM »
Hello to all from the Hoosier State, where we have big deer, and if you like to fish we have about half a million bass fishermen on about 5 lakes. Just wanted to introduce myself, haven't been on a forum like this in quite awhile. I like to hunt deer, and will partake in really any kind of hunting for that matter. I like to do some trapping, most especially beaver. I really like to bass fish, and that really is my forte', as far as ability and knowledge is concerned. BUT, I must admit for some reason I am so pumped about this upcoming deer season and I don't know why. You know how some years you get excited about a season, and some you don't? Last year I wasn't this excited, why am I this year? Don't really know, but I am chomping at the bit to get in the woods. I have been burning up my compound, even busted out the recurve! What about you, are you as excited as I am? Why are we pumped up some years and not others? Why will bow season not get here already?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Hoosier FNG
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:46:39 AM »
Welcome to the gang, Lilfeller! I sure enjoy seeing someone pumped up about hunting and fishing.

Ya might want to consider hunting some squirrels (rifle and pistol only) someday soon. That's because that's what I hunt. Big game hunting is all behind me now and good old squirrel hunting keeps ones skills sharp.

While I was at work yesterday and patrolling in the boonies with my issued M16 and sidearm I was watching what wildlife was out and about in the hot 90's and high humidity. There wasn't much to see, just a few deer, turkeys, and a couple of squirrels. Of course, the squirrels held my attention more than anything else moving.

Wildlife makes good alarm watchdogs while a person is in the woods hunting two legged varmints and also two legged varmints of the meth lab type.  :twisted:

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:56:04 PM »
Welcome good sir. Glad to have you here. Don't be afraid to chime in on any and all topics. We like our members to be vocal and speak their mind.

I'm a recurve bowhunter myself.

You wouldn't perchance be a Notre Dame football fan would you?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Lilfellar

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:12:05 AM »
Thanks all, good to be here. I do happen to be a Notre Dame fan, go Irish! And I think I might go squirrel hunting this weekend, I haven't done that in quite awhile. Problem has been that my wife doesn't like to eat squirrel. She will eat pretty much anything other game except that. She has even eaten beaver(no pun intended.) Well I'm gonna search around this forum and see what kind of mischief I can find.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 04:14:12 PM »
Thanks all, good to be here. I do happen to be a Notre Dame fan, go Irish!

You do realize with a Notre Dame decal on your vehicle, you're allowed to park in handicap zones! ;D :roll: :wink:

ROLL TIDE!! :wink: :wink:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:45:13 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 12:24:21 AM »
Welcome Lilfellar. Allow me to introduce you to a tradition we have had here called the "pointy Stick" we often poke fun at each other and under "normal" circumstances the newbie gets a 2 week pass, unless he starts it, then the gloves are off. From other post I see Bo just couldn't wait that long. Can"t blame him tho, it's been along while since we had a newbie that actually participates in a manor that's not an "it's all about me" way. Don't get offended if you get picked on, it's a form of acceptance.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »
I wonder when GP will show up here. He's such a Bambi lover! That's a well deserved poke with a sharp stick.  :twisted:

Lilfeller, we have a lot of great experts here. Heck, I feel smarter every time I visit here. I could list their expertise's but would run out of room here.

I am their resident old Indian and I am right at home here at GutPiles. I am the head camp cook. You will love my famous Kamp Stew. Please disregard any negative remarks from other parties about my Kamp Stew.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Lilfellar

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »
Well I'm glad I was "accepted" so quickly.  I didn't know if I would fit in with all the "experts" on here, as I am an expert at nothing. In fact, I always wanted to host an outdoors show entitled "The Wrong Way".  As far as the kamp stew I was planning on throwing a squirrel in the pot, but I took a 7 and 4 year old squirrel hunting for their first time, and wouldn't ya know we didn't see any squirrel. Oh well, that's how it usually goes down at the lilfellar ranch. Well I guess if I get hungry this week I'll just gnaw on that dang-blasted stick you keep poking me with.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 09:04:37 AM »
 ;D I think what ya need is another squirrel outing!

It's too hot to hunt them here. We are looking at another hot week but the squirrels will wait.  :twisted:

Facebook Comments