October 21, 2017, 05:21:59 PM

Author Topic: My 22  (Read 1059 times)

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
My 22
« on: September 10, 2013, 10:01:13 AM »
has some mild surface rust from when it was my grandfathers and am trying to find i away to remove it with out damaging the none rusted areas.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: My 22
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:57:17 AM »
Hoppes sells a rust wiping cloth that works with light surface rust. Flitz might do it, or 0000 steel wool and a good gun oil
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 04:10:29 PM »
I agree with OCC Fuzz. A real fine steel wool used in conjunction with gun oil will be your best bet.
Lay a small dab of oil over the exposed rust and rub the steel wool with slight pressure over the affected area.

Hoppes and other companies make a thing called lead remover. It's a yellow rag looking deal that has the consistency of cheese cloth. You can cut off a swath of that cloth and it already has a removing agent imbedded into the cloth. Apply slight pressure and rub it onto the rust and it does a pretty good job in a pinch. I was once able to use that on a rifle that had some very minor rust on it and found it worked quite well. I don't think it would work as well on firearms that had moderate to high rust on them though.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 04:47:05 PM »
The steel wool worked for the most part some turned out not to be just surface rust but dont want to go to much and ruin what bluing will be left.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Facebook Comments