November 24, 2017, 11:43:22 AM

Author Topic: Bow season in limbo  (Read 994 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Bow season in limbo
« on: September 17, 2013, 12:19:13 AM »
Well I just got too much stuff going on, for now. I don't know if the economy is improving or what but all 3 jobs are getting busy as all heck. Just when I have the least free time and some of the greatest need for the income, I got the city on my back about some painting and siding that needs fixin, so job 3 is in a holding pattern. He's a nice guy and understands this a free time gig and somethings will have to take priority.
 Other things that complicate starting the season:
 Got my primary bow fixed, noticed one limb is cranked out way more than the other, been meaning to check the tiller because of that. Went to nock an arrow to check something or other and noticed the nock point is way over an inch above where it belongs. Possibly due to tiller, but now I need to start over and reset/retune everything.
 I bought a back-up bow (possible primary bow). I got the bow of my dreams, an Oneida Aero Force. I can be an off beat, unconventional guy and this bow is exactly that. Pretty much bare bow with a TM hunter style rest and nothing else. Brace height is low and break over seems in wrong place. I suspect the bowstring is either stretched or just plain too long. Hoping the break over will improve when I get the string and grace height sorted out.
 I did however get a dozen new alum arrows, just gotta do a lot of bowsmithing first.
 The property my son-in-law leased for hunting is up for sale. He's hesitant to renew the lease under the circumstances. On top of that, he has been sent to Alabama for six months for work. I'm not sure I can even find the place without him. He'll be home one week end a month, but I doubt he'll spend that time hunting. He is very family oriented and I wouldn't take that time from my daughter and the grandkids.
 Still, I'll keep getting things ready, because I know just how fast the situation can change.
 Pics of the new bow will be up as soon as things slow down a bit.

John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Bow season in limbo
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:34:08 AM »
Good luck with your bow and everything else, MO!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:36:17 PM »
Hang in there Mo O0

Our good buddy Ted Nugent shot an Oneida bow for a few years. It's a good bow too imho. Hard to find one around here though.

Keep swinging! You'll get out there soon enough! O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 09:38:20 PM »
other than fleabay they can be hard to find. I'm still watching gregslist in cities where there are people I think I can trust to transfer money and ship to me. I'd love to get a Nugent Oneida for the kid. She really likes things that are zebra striped. She is going to be hard to fit. 26 inch draw length, and 35-55 pull. I might just find something and repaint or possibly modify a bigger bow to fit. There is a huge cult following for these bows, so they are never really obsolete. Very popular with bowfishermen. It's just a matter of how much money to throw at it. The more I get in the basic bow, the less I have to pay to modify it.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments