November 24, 2017, 01:15:02 PM

Author Topic: regs have changed  (Read 1299 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
regs have changed
« on: September 20, 2013, 09:27:11 PM »
a lot since I last bowhunted. Back in the day, major metro areas had unlimited doetags available at a reduced cost. This was primarily for archery. Now if I read the regs right (and they even double back to clarify) It's dang near the whole state minus a dozen or so counties in the bootheel. On top of that, as a resident, I don't have to buy a reg bow tag @ $20. Doe only tags are $7 ea.
 The Bow tag allows me to take 2 deer wjth the stipulation that only one can be a buck before gun season, which runs in the middle of bow season and closes it for 2 weeks. They even offer the same deal for gun hunters inaddition to new special doe only seasons ect. Sounds like we got too many deer and this is a plea to thin the breeders out.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: regs have changed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:49:29 AM »
Awesome, MO! Over-run with deer!  :twisted: And cheap tags!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 01:22:52 PM »
Don't fall into the trap laid by the State guys to get everyone to "kill more does".  ::)   Some areas may actually need it, some may not.  Judge for yourself what's best for the area you hunt.  O0

Last year on our property, based on what I was seeing on the cameras, I knew that me taking out a buck and 2 does wasn't going to hurt the population, but I could have taken another doe if I wanted (I still had 1 doe tag left).  I didn't want to take that 3rd doe however.

This year, from what I'm seeing on the cameras, I'm going to take my buck and 3 does down at the farm and then come up to the house and hunt the property I've got permission to up here.  This county has unlimited doe harvest, as long as you keep buying the tags.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »
Many times insurance companies gripe and moan about increasing tags in more urban areas. Nobody really knows how many deer are killed by cars, but you can imagine the insurance companies hate it when it drives down their profit margin. The bow season in the Atlanta metro area will be longer than the regular deer season in more rural parts of the state. I have no doubt this is mainly due to pressure from insurance companies.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 01:25:29 AM »
yeah we got that going on. Prob is the folks that live in those areas. Well to do types and tree huggers. They push hard for non-lethal methods, which as we know are feel good therapy for a big problem and way far from even remotely effective. The permits are there but permission and city ordnances are not.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 08:57:01 PM »
Well, it appears that deer aren't the only thing people are dealing with this year in suburban Atlanta. Saw on the news where an area just east of downtown is being over run with wild hogs. People are scared they're going to get gored by them. Looks like they're going to allow hunters to come in and TCB. It's all legal. If the property owners don't have a problem then it's kill away. Got a feeling they'll let the crossbow and bow hunters go first. Then move up on the artillery scale if need be.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 09:33:54 AM »
Well, it appears that deer aren't the only thing people are dealing with this year in suburban Atlanta. Saw on the news where an area just east of downtown is being over run with wild hogs. People are scared they're going to get gored by them. Looks like they're going to allow hunters to come in and TCB. It's all legal. If the property owners don't have a problem then it's kill away. Got a feeling they'll let the crossbow and bow hunters go first. Then move up on the artillery scale if need be.
  O0 Good cure!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 11:06:37 PM »
only cure. I'd love to boar hunt but thankfully we don't have a huntable population.
 As for deer, doe buck don't matter, My opinion is there are too many in my county and several of the surrounding counties. Drive at night, outside of suburbia and you learn real fast to watch for eyes on the side of the road and if you see one, watch for more.

Facebook Comments