October 19, 2017, 05:18:56 AM

Author Topic: best fiber optic bead for deer hunting  (Read 843 times)

Offline Sniper81

• Rookie Club Member
best fiber optic bead for deer hunting
« on: August 27, 2013, 05:58:16 PM »
i have 2 mossberg 500 and was wondering what is the best fiber optic bead to put on it for deer hunting i just want the bead only and i have seen some that are different sizes so what would be a good all around size of bead and height

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: best fiber optic bead for deer hunting
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »
It's been awhile, welcome back to Gut Pile!!

I'm a little confused. Are you wanting a bead site for buckshot or slugs?

I have a Mossberg 835 that I use to hunt deer with. We use dogs to move the deer so it's buckshot only. I still prefer the TRUGLO site that is used for turkey hunting because even when using buckshot you want to get as much of a "rifle shot" as you can under the circumstances. With TRUGLO you can easily follow the deer even if he's on a trot and make your shot. Due to its brightness, you can see early in the morning or later in the afternoon.

The Maximum Gobble Dot Extreme is only $23.00 and is easy on and easy off. If your just dead set on getting a front bead only, the Starbrite Deluxe and the Glo-Dot II Universal is hard to beat if your shotgun is a plain barrel.

If you have a vent rib there are other TRUGLO sites that will do the job as well. Go to their website and see if you like what you see.

If you're shooting slugs, you may want to reconsider just using one dot and look very closely at the TRUGLO turkey sights. In the long run you'll be better off imho. Needless to say whichever way you go, make sure you take the gun and shoot it to make sure you got what you wanted.

Good luck and let us know what you decided.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:50:38 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments