December 17, 2017, 04:58:26 AM

Author Topic: Time to let the Big Dog Eat!  (Read 1731 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Time to let the Big Dog Eat!
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
Hey guys! It has been a long hot summer in SO GA. Between working 12 to 15 hrs a day and having my 1st Grandchild come into this world, I ain't had much time on here. Our Rifle season opens this Sat. and as normal I am almost ready for it. I did get a new camera this year that I have been playing with . It is the Primos Plot watcher camera. It takes a pic every 5 sec. from daylight to dark for up to 10 days is says. I check it every week. Been getting Does and Fawns in one of the food plots on the club and they are cleaning up the corn about as fast as the feeder thows it out. I got the Ruger out and shot it along with the 270, so both are ready. Just waiting for daylight Sat morning! This will be my 34th deer season that I have hunted and it still feels like Christmas morning when I was a little kid all over.  Anybody else pumped up and ready for the Season to get started???

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
Re: Time to let the Big Dog Eat!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 11:12:57 AM »
Off and on i am pumped. Muzzleloader starts Saturday going half a day for deer then half for squirrels since they open on the same day.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »
Yep, it should be a good weekend. Stay out all day if you can. Get those 7am to 12noon hunters working for you. Get them to move the deer to you when they come out at midday.

If I didn't say it before...CONGRATS! On the Grandbaby! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 10:52:31 PM »
Not sure if bohica is talking to me or j-bucks but we have to jump out at lunch to meet up with our buddy's son so we can get him up with us. He did get a doe license so he cant deer hunt but eh not biggie there.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 07:59:04 AM »
good luck to you to Bo! I have never Dog hunted, but I know several folks that run them between here and Waycross. Gonna be a warm day to hunt. suppose to get to 85 Sat afternoon. Gonna look funny in knee boots and shorts!  ;D Also, thanks on the Grandbaby. She is cute as a button and Already has her 1st set of Camo. By the way, it does have some pink in it!  :)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 09:14:57 AM »
I have been checking lots of hunters and have seen some good bucks being taken.

Yesterday was our first day of the Wounded Warrior hunt at work. I was working at our check station when one of our wounded warriors showed up with a 17 pointer that dressed out probably over 200 pounds.

He was about to pull the trigger of his smokepole on a button buck when the big guy stepped out of the woods at about 40 yards distance.  :)

The big hunt continues today.

Their big hunt last year got rained out and the poor fellas were not given a rain day.  ???

We have some very nice permanent blinds built for disabled hunters.

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 10:55:50 AM »
Bummer day! 4 of us were at the woods at daylight and in the stands in good time. My son has been trying to shoot a deer with his bow, so he took it instead of the rifle. I was sitting across a cotton field from where he was in a stand. About 9:30 I heard the whack of his bow. I texed him and asked if he had shot. He said he did but it was at a squirrel that was barking at him. He got down and retrieve his arrow. Got back in the stand and looked up and a Doe was standing 40 yrds away. She walked in to with in 25 yrds and gave him a broadside. He shot at it but the arrow hit a grapevine. The deer moved a couple steps and he pulled another arrow. He shot again and hit a bush and burried the arrow in the base of a tree. The deer moved again and he pulled his last arrow. He shot and At 200 yards I heard the whack of it hitting the deer. It jumpped some brush and just walked off. We stayed in the stands about an hour and walked down there. The last arrow was laying on top of the brush the deer jummped covered from one end to the other. not a ton of blood on the ground so we followed it real slow. Went about 150 yards and it just kept getting less and less. Finally got to the point where each drop was about the size of a lead pencil and just dried up at the edge of a cypress swamp. 5 of us searched for 5 1/2 hrs and went back yesterday for 4 more hrs and never found it. Rain came in about dark Sat night, so yesterday was really tough. The boy was really bummed but has learned a big lesson about bow hunting. It shore aint as easy as they make it out. We figure his shot was back but not gut shot. Maybe clipped 1 lung by the look of the blood. We went from extreme happy to very discouraged. Man! I hate feeding the coyotes and buzzards.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:57:52 AM by J-BUCKS »

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »
Days like that happen to some bow hunters, J.

That's not as bad as what a fella I work with did recently. He's young and rather wild. He was in his tree stand, shot at a doe, and missed. The doe ran off a short distance and then returned minutes later and looked up at him.

He sent another arrow at the doe, missed, and the deer again ran off and quickly returned.

Casey flung another arrow, missed, and the deer stood under him and looked up at him.

Casey was out of arrows and had to climb down while the deer ran away again.

That youngster has missed some serious lessons!  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 10:11:33 PM »
You and your son did your best. It is sad, but these things do happen. Next time he'll be more ready! O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments