October 18, 2017, 01:55:34 AM

Author Topic: i'm still here y'all!!  (Read 988 times)

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
i'm still here y'all!!
« on: November 30, 2003, 10:48:41 AM »
sorry no replies recently, been hunting a lot. seen a ten point out of my bow stand just as i got settled. i reached for my bow, as he stood ten yards from me, and it was on my lap UPSIDE DOWN. talk about something that'll make you upset!! :x i've seen several other deer lately, 2 8's, a 6, and a 4 point. i did get a 90 pound yearling doe last weekend though. was shotgun weekend in illinois. i am going again this weekend as there is a nice 10 point working in the direct area of my stand. :twisted: i'll be looking for him. :twisted: hope everyone else has had good luck this year. i still have one doe only bow tag left and have been trying to fill it. good luck everyone!! :lol:  :lol:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
i'm still here y'all!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 07:47:28 PM »
Good to have you back - we thought ya got lost out there!!!   :D

It sounds like you've got my kind of luck on the 10.  Hang in there!  You'll get him!
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
i'm still here y'all!!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 07:31:26 PM »
My gun season was a bust.  The one big one and the decent 8 I saw are probably still running.  I had hoped to take some days off of work during our late muzzleloading season, but I had to use all of my days recently due to back problems.  Oh well!!!

Glad to have you back man!  Wish I had been so lucky as to have been away from the computer due to hunting!!!!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
i'm still here y'all!!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 09:30:03 PM »
sorry to hear about back problem. i know some of what you are going through. hurt my shoulder oct 28, 02.  been fighting with attorneys and everything since. shopuld be done with leagl side of it in 2 weeks.

i'll try to get one for ya!!

leaving again tonight to go for our second shotgun weekend. thurs-sun.

wish me luck!
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Facebook Comments