October 18, 2017, 09:46:18 PM

Author Topic: Got ammo for my 20 gauge  (Read 2235 times)

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
Got ammo for my 20 gauge
« on: October 14, 2013, 11:30:37 PM »
And a box of 270win also. But my 20gauge has 100rds now so that should be fine for awhile. Find 270 was annoying. They didn't have core-lokt so i end up with hornady. Should be fine though.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Got ammo for my 20 gauge
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 09:25:06 AM »
The ammo situation is looking better. I bought some CCI Stingers and some Winchester .17 WSM ammo last weekend.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 09:27:56 AM »
lucky you i need some 22.mag cci maxi mag +v and that is hard to comeby.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 09:05:02 AM »
lucky you i need some 22.mag cci maxi mag +v and that is hard to comeby.
  :) I traded some CCI mini mags for some 40gr .22 Mag, two boxes, a couple of months ago. A fella accidentally bought two boxes of Mags and Wallyworld wouldn't take them back.

I like my old slick Winchester 9422M but it doesn't get used much. My HMR gets the nod when I go hunting. I have my trusty and very accurate Marlin 60 that is now tucked away because of my Savage HMR. I also carry my Browning BuckMark hunting and that's what I use for .22 shooting. I have killed a few squirrels with the BuckMark.

Old injuns know how to horse trade.  :twisted:

I ordered a Savage .17 WSM BMag rifle and two boxes of ammo last winter at a local pawn store that's only two blocks from home. The rifle and ammo hasn't shown up yet.

I found some .17 WSM ammo, Winchester 20gr, for $16.99 + tax and bought a couple of boxes. .17 WSM ammo is priced here at about that price, which isn't bad. Winchester is the only loader of the .17 WSM fodder, offering 20gr and 25gr.

The store where I ordered the rifle and ammo is owned by a pal that lets me hunt on his property. I feel I owe him, naturally.

I ran across a Savage BMag at another store last weekend but didn't buy it because of the one I have on order. Savage BMag rifles and ammo around here are hard to find. The one I passed on is the only one that has hit the stores in this backwater small tater town.  :roll: I bought the 2 boxes of WSM ammo at the store that had the rifle in the rack.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 09:13:56 AM »
What on earth you going to hunt with that new fangled 17wsm. Actually that would be a neat ground hog gun. Looking forward to hear about how it does when it comes in.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 09:30:55 AM »
I'm going to use it for my usual small game and varmints. It is a 300 yard squirrel and coyote rifle. I see a lot of coyotes while squirrel hunting. Coyotes come running to my squirrel call, as do feral cats.  :twisted:
So far, my HMR has worked OK for them but the WSM will be even better.

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
I see that will be neat. Never see coyotes around here. We got foxes but they are mostly out at night. In fact i bought my 22mag in the hopes of going out for a fox. Sadly i havent gone to try it. Still works on squirrels.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 08:58:13 AM »
I see that will be neat. Never see coyotes around here. We got foxes but they are mostly out at night. In fact i bought my 22mag in the hopes of going out for a fox. Sadly i havent gone to try it. Still works on squirrels.
  O0 I really like the .22 Mag, is good for lots of hunting. It should prove pure deadly for foxes, fuzz.
Be happy you don't have many coyotes. They gobble up a lot of small game and work on deer herds pretty hard.

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »
I know some exist in the state but every single one tested has wolf dna in them last i heard. They just arent in my area for some reason.

What did you learn?

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 09:02:13 PM »
What on earth you going to hunt with that new fangled 17wsm.

Now that's a question I been asking myself from the beginning. There ain't no way in heck I'm going to spot a squirrel at 300 yds, even in the wide open. Now a yote is a different matter. Throw them in the mix and the WSM becomes a justifiable bit of hardware.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments