December 17, 2017, 11:58:47 PM

Author Topic: Got ammo for my 20 gauge  (Read 2401 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Got ammo for my 20 gauge
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
Now that's a question I been asking myself from the beginning. There ain't no way in heck I'm going to spot a squirrel at 300 yds, even in the wide open. Now a yote is a different matter. Throw them in the mix and the WSM becomes a justifiable bit of hardware.
There used to be a big old fox squirrel my brothers and I tried to get a shot into. He denned in a big half dead oak tree at the bottom of a bluff. He had a great outlooking limb that afforded him an excellent view from all directions.
One day on the opposite bluff, my brother and I spotted the squirrel sunning as usual and we knew he was watching us and ready to zip again into his den.
I told my brother Charlie I was going to try a shot because we would not get closer without the squirrel fleeing into his hole.
I aimed over the squirrel with my Marlin 60 that was topped with an old Bushnell Banner that was cranked up to its max of 9X, and sent a CCI Stinger on its way.
Seconds later, the squirrel dropped! Charlie was dumbfounded, as well as I was.  :shock:  The squirrel was at least 300 yards distance when I pulled the trigger.
After stomping a briar patch down to get the squirrel as Charlie stood by, I lifted the squirrel and showed it to Charlie. The squirrel had a big Stinger hole through his head.  :twisted:
I still have same rifle and won't part with it.
Those shots can be made if conditions are right.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments