October 24, 2017, 05:32:09 AM

Author Topic: EUREEKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 11528 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: Marlin EUREEKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 07:26:11 PM »
To the top!
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: EUREEKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 12:00:36 PM »
Clips for the .17 seems to be a big problem with about all the manufacturers nowdays, even for the high priced guns. The problem is the lousy quality of a very simple product. It's usually the follower hanging up or the top steel of the clip needs tweaking. For a stamped piece of steel, a spring, and usually a piece of ill fitting plastic as a follower, it's not rocket science to make a decent clip.

High capicity clips in the past suffered the same pains, especially the 10/22 joke clips.
One problem that can be traced back to the owner is leaving the clips loaded for long periods of time. Some clips will develop a weakened spring. But, we see brand new clips with feed problems. Feed problems caused by the clips lots of times result in confusion as to what the rifle jamming problem actually is. Usually, that results in a costly trace as to what the problem is in time and money for most folks with a brand new gun that won't function correctly.

I had a bum factory clip when I bought my Savage .17HMR. So, I bought some extra new clips and cycled ammo through them. The extra clips functioned just fine, so I compared them closely with the troubled one. The corrective action was to tweak the problem clip's steel top opening with needle nosed pliars to match the good clips. That fixed the problem.

Savage would have mailed a new free replacement clip to me. But, I was anxious to get on with shooting and not wanting to risk waiting several weeks for a new clip.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments