December 16, 2017, 11:32:27 AM

Author Topic: Winchester .17 WSM (Winchester Super Magnum)  (Read 11250 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Winchester .17 WSM (Winchester Super Magnum)
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 09:02:39 AM »
I have the rifle broken in correctly, has had a couple of squirrel hunting outings. The past two weekends haven't allowed hunting because of our lousy weather.

WSM rifle is shooting itty bitty groups at 50 meters with the 20gr fodder.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »
I have been killing squirrels every weekend with the WSM, is deadly as sin with both 20gr and 25grain ammo. Head shots are a must!

Anyone else here have a .17 WSM rifle yet?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »
As an  update, ammo is easy to find now.  :) O0 My daughter bought me 5 boxes last Feb. for my birthday. Yes, she is the perfect daughter!

I nailed 4 or 5 gray squirrels the last day (Jan.31) with the WSM and a big tom feral cat. I was using 20gr fodder. The cat was about 80-100 yards distance. The 20gr pill passed clear through at an angled body shot. The cat was dead before it dropped.  :twisted:

Weather turned bad that day, was raining and turned to snow with the wind picking up.

We have a new Dick's store here now, just opened. They have shelves of ammo. I haven't seen any rimfire at our local Wallyworld for a long time but now they show some on their shelves. I am sure Dick's will cripple Wallyworld. No rimfire at Wallyworld for so long because it was being scarffed up in the back room up before it even hit the shelves, I suspect.  :tickedoff

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2016, 06:35:03 AM »
Anyone else have one of these rifles?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 07:56:06 AM »
.17 WSM is still doing its job! Am not seeing a whole lot of squirrels but the rifle is certainly deadly.

Some long shots are out to 200 yards with great accuracy.

Recently at the range at 50 yards, bullet holes overlap and sometimes going through the same hole with 20gr ammo.

There are no crawl-off cripples while using this rifle.

I really enjoy the light carry weight, which just under 4 1/2#, minus the scope.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 06:36:32 AM »
Am still killing squirrels. Anyone else?

Offline D45/70

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »
  All my  "squirrels" are under ground now. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richardson%27s_ground_squirrel 
Luckily Prairie dogs don't hibernate...
:knuppel2
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 04:44:25 AM »
Oh yeah!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2016, 07:18:20 PM »
I was looking at a Henry in .17 the other day. It looks like a pretty good little rifle too. Never have owned a Henry but someday, who knows? The Varmint Express is a neat looking rifle.

I don't squirrel hunt anymore but the caliber is a very interesting one. O0 :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 03:51:14 AM »
I was looking at a Henry in .17 the other day. It looks like a pretty good little rifle too. Never have owned a Henry but someday, who knows? The Varmint Express is a neat looking rifle.

I don't squirrel hunt anymore but the caliber is a very interesting one. O0 :wink:
Hey bo! Is good to see ya! One of my pals bought a Henry HMR and it's sure a nice rifle.

Facebook Comments