October 20, 2017, 07:14:37 PM

Author Topic: Winchester .17 WSM (Winchester Super Magnum)  (Read 10405 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Winchester .17 WSM (Winchester Super Magnum)
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 06:00:23 AM »
  :) Well, my last post for this thread has been a long time ago and I'm still hunting with the .17 WSM. It is pure-dee lethal, instant kills for small game and an occasional varmint.

The one fix I have to complete is extending the stock an inch or so, given my longer reach.  I will complete that small job as soon as I catch up with other work.  :roll:

Our Iowa hunting season opens Sept. 2.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 06:05:39 AM »
I got out Saturday, Sept.2, opening day. I saw only 3 squirrels, all grays and on the move.

One hesitated a couple of seconds while jumping to a limb of another tree when my 20gr sizzler hit the side of his head. Distance was between 80 to 100 yards.  :)

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 08:21:46 PM »
I got out Saturday, Sept.2, opening day. I saw only 3 squirrels, all grays and on the move.

One hesitated a couple of seconds while jumping to a limb of another tree when my 20gr sizzler hit the side of his head. Distance was between 80 to 100 yards.  :)

GREAT SHOT! That's showing them how to do it! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 04:10:58 AM »
 :) Thanks, bo! Sometimes I get lucky. I can thank the BMAG rifle, is able to do what I ask of it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 08:09:24 AM »
Squirrels have been getting sniped on weekends and the rifle stock's short length was an easy and cheap fix. I bought a black rubber slip on over the stock recoil pad. Stock gained an inch and is a perfect fit.

Yesterday's hunt equaled three getting packed home. I only saw maybe, four.  :roll: It's hard to tell because of heavy green ground cover and most of the leaves are still on the trees.

Facebook Comments