October 22, 2017, 07:04:23 PM

Author Topic: Sad day  (Read 3134 times)

BBF

Sad day
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:34:14 PM »
It's going to be a sad day comes Saturday. Our little bitch is going to a new home. She needs a place that is fenced in and there is no way we will fence in our place unless I hit the jackpot this week.
She goes off into the sticks and of course the new puppy is going right along. All calling, whistling and honking of the car horn will be ignored 'til she is ready to come home. Last night she was out for hours in minus 10 degrees Celsius 'til the wife got home. We are afraid that one or both of them will meet the same fate as the other puppy had. So as much as we will miss her, it will be a safer new home with a big fenced yard and she will have another dog for company.

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Sad day
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 01:20:03 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that. I know how much you'll miss them and how important they are to you. At least now they will be able to remain safe and wont have to suffer through the cold winter up there. It sounds like the new owners are good people who you can trust to love and care for them. Maybe someday when things get better, they can come home.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 08:21:15 AM »
Have you thought about one of the underground or invisible fences?  That way they can still go out, but they'll be confined to a certain area.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:42:58 AM »
Bummer, BBF!  :sad:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 02:08:26 PM »
Bo" We are keeping one of the little "chits". I have hope for him and he is a bigger dog anyway.

Re underground fence. Frozen grounds 'til well into April and plain simply we can't afford it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 08:01:02 PM »
You're getting a tax refund.  Now get your ass out there with a grubbing hoe and get to work lazy ass!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No more excuses.  You want to keep both your pups?  Prove it! >:D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 11:32:30 AM »
Dude !!
 My hoeing days and a number of other activities  :sad:are done !

So yesterday we had a cracker of a night. Down to about minus 18 deg C. The dogs went out for their morning pee and run. Several hours later they weren't back and I'm thinking hypothermia or at least a frozen something. I go out and holler and as usually nothing happens. The wife tries calling a bit later and she hears a number of coyotes yipping it up not all that far away.
           That does it for her!!
She gets "winterized" in a hurry and out the door she goes.  The young pup shows up by "hisself" and I put him in the house. The wife is hollering for all she is worth. The god***#am coyotes are no barking like a regular dog. We knew what that meant. The wife finds the other dog on his way to check out the new "dogs" in the neighborhood and a sure way of being lunch.

THAT DID IT.

Thew same afternoon we packed Sophie up and drove to meet her new owner halfway to her new home.

There is another older dog there, someone home 24/7. A big enclosed backyard and a doggie door so she can go in and out as she pleases. Yup, I'm not ashamed of the tears.

To make us feel a bit better we went to our favorite Sushi Restaurant and pigged out as much as we could under the circumstance.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »
 O0 worked out pretty good, BBF!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 11:07:55 PM »
Yes, sorta. I still miss the sound of the little paws in the house.
However just as I suspected the other dog( Axel) can now be let out without the worry that he doesn't come back when called.

Facebook Comments