October 17, 2017, 11:46:14 PM

Author Topic: Roll Call!  (Read 5897 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Roll Call!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 09:23:12 AM »
Not snowing here yet, but is coming. Like BC, we are shoveling snow a couple of times per week.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 06:30:11 PM »
It's raining but still in the high 40s. As long as it stays like this, I won't complain!! :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 09:29:49 AM »
We have anywhere from 12 to 16" of snow on the ground and it's still snowing. Wife says we are to get another 4". I have been moving snow about every day since last week.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »
Most of ours melted off finally and barely. got more yesterday and last night. I swear everytime I get it shoveled off it snows more. I can't tell if it's actually snowing now or just blowing but it does blow !!
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 01:31:54 PM »
We got freezing rain last night.  Oh Boy!  :x   It wasn't too bad at the house (luckily), but coming into work this morning I had to dodge downed and low hanging tree tree limbs on the back roads I take.  Luckily there was still a pretty good coating of salt on the roads and they kept hitting them with more, so the roads were in pretty decent shape this morning.  A few little slushy spots every here and there, but that was about it.  Louisville area had anywhere from 1/4" - 1/3" of ice on everything.  Bunch of people lost power from it.

I think we're expecting another round Thursday and then another one Saturday night.  :tickedoff
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 10:48:40 PM »
We got around 8 inches between 2000 and 0100 yesterday then about 0130 it started raining. The drive home was quite interesting. Let's just say I never got out of 4wd and very seldom made it into 4th gear. I am ready for spring.
Bill
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2014, 10:25:41 AM »
We got around 8 inches between 2000 and 0100 yesterday then about 0130 it started raining. The drive home was quite interesting. Let's just say I never got out of 4wd and very seldom made it into 4th gear. I am ready for spring.
Bill
Yeah on Spring! My truck stays in 4WD because the roads don't get cleared before we receive another snow storm and high winds.  :sad:

The ice BC gets is worse than any amount of snow.  :shock:

I have over 200 miles of roads to patrol and some of them are still closed. Foot patrol in 12-24" of snow is exhausting, especially combined with high winds and severe cold. I wear about everything I own under my uniform.  :roll:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 10:01:46 AM »
Looking out at the snow coming down and the big icesickles hanging, I think of the cute little squirrels all tucked away nice and comfy this morning.

Actually, the little bucktoothed dastardly varmints are probably still partying because of season being closed Feb 1.  :tickedoff :knuppel2 And they are probably comparing escape plans for next year, and the newest hunter detection discoveries.

It's to no avail, their expections of new escape procedures. I have recently acquired an extended range .17, a .17WSM and it shoots fine groups. I have a 6.5-20X on the rifle and have another scope to perhaps replace it, an 8X-32X.

And my new improved better camo and trusty bellows squirrel call  works, fools many of the smart ones.

I think it was the squirrels that spammed us last time.  :knuppel2  They are due some payback for that evil deed.

What say you?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:03:39 AM by John Andrews »

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 08:19:49 PM »
Don't feel bad John.  We got more snow today also.  :x   It's been sunny, so some of the snow has been melting and seeping into my cellar where the furnace and water heater are.  I've got a sump pump down there, so that's not a problem.  The problem is that once it pumps the water outside, the line has frozen up somewhere, so I had to unhook it just after it exits the cellar.  The problem there is that it's pretty close to the back steps.  ::)   So needless to say the back patio is a skating rink.  ;D

Been trying to get out and go squirrel hunting, but I draw the line on hunting in sub-zero temps.  :tickedoff   Was going to go this morning, but with them calling for more snow and with the freezing rain we just had, I didn't want to be on the roads.  At least our season runs until the end of this month.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 09:41:15 AM »
 O0 It's better to be safe than sorry, BC! I would do like you, sit it out until better weather and roads.

Local reports say our squirrel population is down and I believe it. I haven't seen many this year. Some say West Nile got them, along with a lot of birds.

And as for rabbits, I haven't seen one while hunting squirrels this year, nor last year's season.  :sad:

Even our coyote population is down. Mange did a real number on them. Folks are killing coyotes that have mange. We saw a lot of them before winter set in, hairless mangy coyotes.

Our deer herd got hammered with Blue Tongue or something simular. We had dead deer lying all over the area, lots of them. Gnats were terrible during our warm weather and it was miserable. I understand that's how the sickness is carried, by gnats at or near water sources.

We received a few more inches of snow last night. We have 12" to 18" of the stuff on the ground.  :tickedoff Guess what I'm going to do this morning. Our house sits on a corner lot. Twice the amount of sidewalk to clear several times every week is getting tiresome for this old Indian. Some neighborhood lazies haven't cleared their walks all winter and they are a lot younger than I am.  ???

My kid brother wanted me to coyote hunt with him yesterday. He doesn't have to slug around in the deep snow like I do all week. Coyote hunting has been lousy this year, Maybe one dog per 5 or 6 sets and not worth the effort. I get enough slugging through the snow and deep drifts on my 10 hour shift at work and cleaning walks at home.

Facebook Comments