December 17, 2017, 07:02:53 AM

Author Topic: crabbin'  (Read 943 times)

Offline eagleye

crabbin'
« on: February 01, 2005, 04:39:55 PM »
i don't no if any of yall have ever been crabbin' but we caught 200 in a week last summer its a lotta fun u take a piece a chicken tie it ta basket and lower it in the water at the ocean and check it ever so often man thay good eatin' but ize wonder in if any of ya had any different tecniques,methods,or such
shoot first ask questions later

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: crabbin'
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 10:16:33 AM »
sure wish we had crab in the great lakes,,,,shrimp too.oh well,,i'll make do with crawdads!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 10:14:52 PM »
we used to do a lot of it when we lived in Baytown, TX. The water was about 200 yards from our doorstep, so it was fishin', crabbing, nearly every day. Gads, I miss that place!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 12:47:53 PM »
Oh yeah I love crabbin! Nothin much like carrying  live crabs in 5 gallon buckets to the cooker....or cookers when we catch  a lot for a big dock party..Kids love playin with the things till they get pinched! :D ;D Heck,I still play with them. ;D :)
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 12:49:57 PM »
We usually just use frozen fish from J&W.They sell them to make chum and for crab bait and such.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Facebook Comments