December 12, 2017, 02:30:36 PM

Author Topic: Wish me luck  (Read 3215 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Wish me luck
« on: January 16, 2014, 10:25:16 PM »
 I'm gonna try to get off cigs, one more time. Tonight the Breadwinner and I went and got ourselves ea an E-cig. These new ones are way different from the originals. Several people I work with have them and haven't touched a real cig in months. The ones we got were only $30 ea and juices are $5. I got standard tabacco, she got coffee. Other than the device being bigger and heavier than a real cig, the smoking experiance is much the same. I think the brand I got is new to the market, lifetime warranty and made in Scotland not CHINA !!!
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Wish me luck
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:59:08 AM »
Good for you buddy! I've never been a smoker but both my parents were, and smoking contributed to both their deaths before their time. If you start feeling like you're going to fall off the wagon, remember your grandkids. Second hand smoke is a very unhealthy to have floating around and it really does effect the future lives of your grandkids. Its been proven that young kids develop respiratory problems like asthma from prolonged exposure to second hand smoke.

That should be a big motivator to stay away from the cancer sticks!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:17:43 AM »
Good luck, MO!
Wife and I are still smokers.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 03:41:54 PM »
I smoked for 38 years! Hardest thing I ever did was to quit. I took the "Pills" the only way I could do it. I've been smokeless for 13 years. I could start today ...
 I just hope I quit soon enough!
:shock:
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 01:04:14 AM »
Day one down and I'm still cig free. Can't say it's been real easy but not near as bad as previous attempts. I'm trying my darndest to wear this thing out in the first day.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
I bet the first day is the roughest one. Second day wouldn't be any better, I bet!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 11:02:42 PM »
day 2. It really wasn't that hard. Just had to hit the e-cig alot more to satisfy the urge. I'm not getting the samething that a real cig would give me but doubleing up on the e makes it tolerable.
 The few studies I read on them say the nicotine is about as harmful to you as caffiene and about as addicting. The prob comes from the chemicals added to make them keep burning even if you aren't drawing on it and frankly to make them more addicting. So far I'm thinking this might actually work.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 11:27:50 AM »
So how's it going?  You still on the wagon?

That freaking 2nd hand smoke is a killer.  I used to work at a bingo hall in college.  I had a smoker's cough, even though I didn't smoke.

My mother smokes like a freight train and is a serious point of contention between us.  I've asked her not to smoke around the boy, but she still does it, so I don't take him down there to see her any more.  The way I look at it, he's my son and she should respect my wishes.  If she can't do that, well .........
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 05:13:25 PM »
Day 12 and still cig free. Can't say it's been easy, but no where near as hard as previous attempts.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 10:17:07 AM »
  O0 You are doing fine, MO. Keep it up!

Facebook Comments