October 18, 2017, 10:40:45 AM

Author Topic: Wish me luck  (Read 3143 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Wish me luck
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 04:51:32 PM »
Just over a month cig free.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »
Doing fine, MO! Hang in there!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »
Keep it up, MO. You can DO it!  O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 09:33:23 PM »
Almost 8 months now. I think it's gonna work.
 Now insurance doesn't consider you a non-smoker til you are 1 year smoke free. question is does e-cig count ?

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 10:29:58 PM »
Glad to see your doing it. My sister was a big smoker, but she managed to quit. Has had the occasional smoke when really stressed out but as far as i no not in the last year. She has no willpower either so if she can do it you can.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »
Keep at it Mo.   O0

I quit dipping back in February.  Just quit cold turkey.  :o   Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I figured it was going to be.  I was used to having a dip in my cheek from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed, except when I was eating.  I didn't even spit any more.

Sick one weekend and couldn't hold anything down, and that included trying to dip.  After going a couple of days without a dip, I just said the heck with it and kept it up. ;)   The wife and my dentist are happy about it.  ;D

I dipped for right at 26 years.  If I can quit doing that, I know you can quit smoking.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 12:50:31 AM »
Good for you BC. Never tried dipping myself, never thought of it as addicting either. Not spitting ??? that means....eeewwww. Man, you had it bad. Bet this changes your appetite.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 06:31:19 AM »
Good for you BC. Never tried dipping myself, never thought of it as addicting either. Not spitting ??? that means....eeewwww. Man, you had it bad. Bet this changes your appetite.
Yeah on that!
I still smoke.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 03:06:08 PM »
Actually, dipping is more addicting than smoking because you've got a constant stream of nicotine going into your system from where the tobacco is in constant contact with your cheek and gums.

7 months later, I'm still chewing gum (just regular gum, not nicotine gum) like I'm chewing up a piece of jerky.  ;D

My teeth and gums don't hurt like they used to though.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 05:38:48 PM »
Stay with it Mo. O0 O0 O0 O0

Not sure, but dipping might have been the cause of Jim Kellys cancer of the mouth. When I was a teenager there was an elderly woman who lived nearby who had dipped snuff since she was a child back in the 20s-30s. The cancer had pretty much taken her whole mouth and she walked around with a handkerchief to cover her mouth and it was often hard to understand what she was saying.

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments