December 12, 2017, 01:05:55 PM

Author Topic: Hobbies  (Read 1060 times)

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
Hobbies
« on: December 04, 2003, 09:52:53 PM »
Does anyone have any interesting hobbies other than hunting ?
I myself am involved in WWII reinacting. Hence my fav weapon, M-1 Garand. We have around 8 reinactments a year. Complete with jeeps, half tracks, maybe a tank on the big ones. And Germans. We try to be as authentic as possable. We eat from C or K rations packed from modern food converted to look like period stuff. We dig foxholes and wear full period gear, about 40 pounds of stuff when loaded with ammo and grenads. ( Homemade of corse, we use black powder and backing soda.)
 Well thats what I do for fun. Tell me what you do.
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Hobbies
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 03:28:11 PM »
I'm boring.  All I do is hunt and shoot.  When I'm not hunting or shooting, I'm working on food plots, hanging tree stands, cutting shooting lanes, building ground blinds, filling feeders, refreshing salt licks, cutting wood (for the cabins during hunting seasons), scouting, etc.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
Hobbies
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 04:06:39 PM »
Pretty cool stuff there C.N.  8)
Playing coach or spectator is about the extent of hobbies lately.  Between my two boys, we're covering Soccer, Baseball, Football and Basketball.   Haven't even had the time to terrorize Bambi much this year.  Oh well, it's a good trade off to be with the rug rats.   :D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Hobbies
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 10:00:45 PM »
Well, I am doing something just short of full time that started out as a hobby-- making custom knives. I was making one for one of my sons, and a fella saw it and had to have it, along with another one. Things just snowballed from there. That was back in '91, and the making has just been crazy! You want to do something different, and rewarding, make a knife. You may just suprise yourself.  :!:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
Hobbies
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 04:11:23 AM »
i'm a hands on type of person. i completed my schooling for a heating and a/c certificate last year. so i'm kind of consumed with it, ya know learning as much as i can. i've grown up learning that it was too expensive to have someone fix things. so i am usually at home or elsewhere fixing something or tinkering. i like to shoot my guns and bow and also hunt when time allows. i also spend alot of time with my daughter. and of course this obsession that someone created called a computer. that can tend to take up alot of time if i don't pace myself. :D  :D
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Facebook Comments