December 17, 2017, 11:49:27 PM

Author Topic: The Trout Are a Calling.  (Read 1068 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
The Trout Are a Calling.
« on: May 22, 2014, 08:53:18 PM »
Went and put air in my belly boat and checked to see my waders don't leak; they don't. Guess I'll hit the water this weekend on a stretch of the Chattahoochee that is artificial and catch and release only. Unlike the big trout up in y'alls neck of the woods; down here a 14 inch rainbow or a 18 inch brown is considered huge.

I'll settle for a 7 incher and a few perch and a shoal bass. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: The Trout Are a Calling.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:37:41 PM »
WE don't have native trout here either, so our trout are about the same size. Never fished for them, but know a few people who do. I'd be just as happy to set the hook on a bull bluegill with ultra-lite gear. Good luck to ya.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 10:00:27 AM »
Good luck to ya, bo! How far from home do you have to travel to trout fish?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:03:42 PM »
I'll settle for a 7 incher...

I really want to say something, but more than likely, your mind did it for me.
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:08:19 PM »
I really want to say something, but more than likely, your mind did it for me.

HEY! I'M THE PERVERT HERE!! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 09:20:30 PM »
If my turkey hunting luck and my trout fishing luck are any indicator, I shouldn't even bother go to deer hunting this fall. :'( :'( :'( :buck2 :buck2 :buck2

To answer your question John, the Chattahoochee river actually runs through Atlanta. It starts up in the mountains and goes all the way down to Florida where it spills into the Apalachicola river in Florida and ends up in the Gulf of Mexico.

There are state and federal parks all over the metro area where people who use belly boats or just wade can go and usually be left alone. The spot I went to was one of my favorites due to limited fisherman wanting to deal with the shoals and deep pools in the area. For some reason it seems everybody in the state showed up and it was so thick with fisherman I could almost walk across the river without getting my feet wet.

I got there at a little after 8am and it was like  5pm rush hour traffic through downtown Atlanta. I stayed until a little after 11am and said screw it. I had one strike all morning and whatever it was came off before I could even see what it was.

The few people I spoke with said they weren't biting on anything they threw. Another guy thought this area hadn't been stocked since last year. That would answer a lot of questions if true. I know they cut some of the trout stocking in other areas so maybe this area got hit too.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:23:40 PM by bohicajuan »

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 10:24:15 AM »
 O0 Well, you sure gave it a solid go, bo! Plus, your waders and float didn't leak, you didn't get snake bit or sunstroke, and didn't have to shoot any bad guys or nutcases.

I bet it would be a lot better fishing on weekdays.

I spent several days of salmon fishing shoulder to shoulder with fisherman in Oregon, fishing the Rouge River legal distance of several hundred yards below a dam. We lost an average of a lure every 10 minutes of fishing, the entire bottom of the river being riprap.
I saw only one fish taken during the 3 days and I think that fisherman  actually accidentally snagged it. It was a very poor salmon run that year.

My last two week fishing trip to AZ/CA Lake Havasu ended with a dud. Fishing started great and then the great powers to be decided to drop the water level of Lake Havasu between 5 and 6 feet so they could overhaul a dock. And to top it off, cold weather rolled in from Colorado and shut down everything. The fish were suspended but had lockjaw.

Back in the 60's I was gigging fish at a local creek and was attacked by a group of hippies near their dope patch. That ended up being an  ugly shootout and the surviving offenders were jailed. One of them,  the one that started the event, complained to the deputies while they stuffed him in the back seat, "He shot at us"! 
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments