October 24, 2017, 03:48:23 AM

Author Topic: Catfish tourney  (Read 848 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Catfish tourney
« on: June 16, 2014, 01:15:22 PM »
We went to the River for the weekend and joined in the catfish tournament. Turned out to be a Flathead tourney and it killed me to turn back the channels we caught. Our whole catch didn't add up to the biggest fish. We had a contender for smallest fish, but got beat out by 1/2 pound. It was a great learning experience.
1) Never let the drunkest guy around, with no boat experience manipulate the boat when running lines. Certainly not the time to learn to drive the boat.
2) Two semi-peta dikes on a boat with a horny redneck is a bad mix, but at the same time very entertaining.
3) Flying carp are real !! Dangerous too. Twice they hit the driver. Countless carp landed in the boat. I've seen videos of them but didn't think we actually had them here. Normally I don't cotton to the idea of sport killing and wanton waste. I thought poorly of bowfishermen who kill hundreds a night but don't eat them. I see clearly now. They are an invasive menace that need to be eradicated.

Here's the winning big Fish. 57 pounds and change,

John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Catfish tourney
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »
 :) That must have been some tourney!

That's sure a nice whopper flathead! caught on a bluegill?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 04:13:02 PM »
Two semi-dykes on a boat with a horny redneck. Change redneck to cracker and I'll turn them dykes into a meat loving, bacon loving, sausage loving, man loving heteros inside an hour. :twisted: :roll: :-P :-P

Kill all flying carp regardless of method! Kill the walking catfish too! :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2

At least y'all were fishing with rod and reels and not noodlin' Only a total retard sticks his hand in an empty log or under a ledge trying to see if a catfish is there. Too big a chance of a snapping turtle or water moccasin saying Hello! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

But in the future we can take BC along and drag him behind the boat like chum. We' ll see if that scares the flying carp away. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :roll:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 10:23:56 PM »
First night we didn't waste time killing them. The pissing match started when we pulled a 3 ft Gar in and was going to kill it. It died. Not as humane as I would like but when time is short you do what is expediant. Second night the carp that came in the boat met with a similar fate.
 I beleive the Big Boy was caught on Bluegill. We were using gold fish, but next year I think blue gill will be the bait of choice. The weigh in was a great time with subsequent fish fry. Good eating. The son in laws mom won an AR-15 in the gun raffle so we broke a little more than even. She wanted to sell it, but was quickly reminded this family don't sell guns. She was told"so what if we could buy 3 other guns for that one, put it in the back of the safe and if you want the 3 other guns...go buy them." I think she will be more than happy to keep it once she has shot it. It's like the 1911 of long guns.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments