November 18, 2017, 04:28:20 PM

Author Topic: 22/250 and a 223 both score !!! Coyote heads all rounb !  (Read 1499 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
22/250 and a 223 both score !!! Coyote heads all rounb !
« on: June 23, 2014, 03:16:57 PM »
YUP! :twisted:
Out calling again.
Longest day and quite warm, and we get a double at 1:00 in the afternoon.
Made a LOT of stands that were dry.  The 7th stand we called for 20+ minuets with out a sign of a coyote. I was in the midst of shutting down the fox pro. Looked one last time and here is a dog looking at the pro that was 25 yards from me. That put him right at 150 from the end of the '250 to his nose. I very slowly gathered my self up in to a shooting position. Got him in the scope as it was turning his attention to my movement. A slight squeeze  and pow down dog. I was shooting with a buddy that has no two ways so he couldn't know what was up. Over a minuet later I here him shoot , I couldn't see what he was up to either. I called a few longer and couldn't take the suspense and gave up and stood to see him gathering up his coyote. He yells at me and said what the %$#&  ! Don't be shoot gophers when there is a dog coming in, WHAT ??? I had no idea what he was talking about. He had on idea I shot a dog too. 8)
We each got one cool... :D

Rest of the day was dry... I cut there heads off and brought them home to freeze. A buddy of mine has a kid that has demisted and wants to beetle eat some coyote heads. He'll do one for me free if I give him three. PERFICT!  O0
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: 22/250 and a 223 both score !!! Coyote heads all rounb !
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
Dang, what was that bottom dog hit with ?? Not much more than a gophers worth left of him. That's 2 song dogs that have had their final curtain call.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 08:59:30 AM »
Dang, what was that bottom dog hit with ?? Not much more than a gophers worth left of him. That's 2 song dogs that have had their final curtain call.
  O0 Yeah on that!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »
Keep on poppin' em!!!  :twisted:  Nice
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline D45/70

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 08:01:14 PM »

22/250 53 gr Berger 3800 fps 145 yards. He must have pumped every drop of his blood out the .22" hole in 15 feet. O0 :idiot2
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 09:52:06 AM »
varnint didn't go far!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments