December 14, 2017, 09:59:54 AM

Author Topic: Doe With 4 Fawns  (Read 654 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Doe With 4 Fawns
« on: July 16, 2014, 08:01:48 AM »
At work we have a doe that has 4 fawns every year. Doe and fawns are healthy and I saw them again at work the other evening.

We see triplets on occasions but that doe with four offspring is pretty rare.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Doe With 4 Fawns
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 08:22:04 PM »
WOW! That must have been cool! Hope they all survive. O0 O0 O0 O0
In that part of the country is it cars and weather that take most of the young deer? Probably not many cougars in Iowa.....Except for the 2 Legged kind! :wink: :wink: :wink: :roll: :twisted:

I've never seen a doe with 4 fawns. Only saw a doe with 3 once.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 02:16:44 AM »
WOW! That must have been cool! Hope they all survive. O0 O0 O0 O0
In that part of the country is it cars and weather that take most of the young deer? Probably not many cougars in Iowa.....Except for the 2 Legged kind! :wink: :wink: :wink: :roll: :twisted:

I've never seen a doe with 4 fawns. Only saw a doe with 3 once.
They are on the installation where I work and there is little traffic. The doe and her 4 fawns look to be in great shape.

We see triplet fawns on occasions.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »
I remember reading along time ago that the number of fawns largely depend on habitat conditions. Meaning if food and other conditions are abundant with minimal competition does may conceive multiple fawns, where as over populated habitat where food quality and quantity are reduced, single births are more the norm.
 That being said that installation is :
A> very good habitat and not as over populated as you seem to claim.
B> Making something more than ammo
C> that article was full of crap

Too close to call, but I'm leaning towards C.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »
I remember reading along time ago that the number of fawns largely depend on habitat conditions. Meaning if food and other conditions are abundant with minimal competition does may conceive multiple fawns, where as over populated habitat where food quality and quantity are reduced, single births are more the norm.
 That being said that installation is :
A> very good habitat and not as over populated as you seem to claim.
B> Making something more than ammo
C> that article was full of crap

Too close to call, but I'm leaning towards C.
  :knuppel2  :knuppel2  :knuppel2   :wink: ;D Leasees do a lot of farming on the installation and also pasture a lot of cattle. Deer enjoy salt and mineral blocks with plenty of food and water. We have had a lot of rain this year.
Deer are presently feeding on the tops of soybean plants. We have a lot of crop damage.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 10:26:42 AM »
Can't say I've ever heard of 4.  Three quite a bit, but never 4.

Some are just prone to it though I guess.  Just as twins/triplets run in a family of humans, I guess 3 or 4 can run in a single deer, given the right conditions.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 10:40:37 AM »
She had four fawns last year, too.

Facebook Comments