December 18, 2017, 04:03:09 AM

Author Topic: Hunter Education  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Hunter Education
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »
Finally going to get the boy through a Hunter Ed class.  I had been forgetting to do it and when turkey season rolled around, he couldn't "technically" go with me and carry a gun this past spring because he hadn't completed the course yet.  :'(

Got to looking at when/where they were going to have one close to us, so I could get him in it.  Got him signed up for one tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday morning.  Even though I'm an instructor, I can't do a one-on-one class with him.  Besides, it will probably do him some good hearing the stuff that I've been telling him coming from someone else.  ;)

So I get to sit and go through the student class again. ::)   I honestly can't remember the last time I went through an entire student class.  Wonder if I'll learn anything?  I doubt it.   O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Hunter Education
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 10:44:19 AM »
  O0 You will be bored and I congratulate you for what you are doing, BC.

The fella in the picture, we have seen some like him for real.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »
Lets see. My dad never had to take one. He was hunting before the date that required it. I didn't take one till 6 years after i started hunting cause we did know we needed it. When i took it 2 days didn't pay any attention. Got 100%. Hmmmm Wonder if it was cause i was taught right before that.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »
Lets see. My dad never had to take one. He was hunting before the date that required it. I didn't take one till 6 years after i started hunting cause we did know we needed it. When i took it 2 days didn't pay any attention. Got 100%. Hmmmm Wonder if it was cause i was taught right before that.
You had to take the course because you are still a pup.  :wink: I am grandfathered, didn't have to take it.  :roll:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19:33 PM »
I'm not complaining just saying. But yeah he was taught right then he taught me. Still the law is the law. Was worth going just so i can get my Maryland license when we go there.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:45:04 PM »
I had to take it twice :roll: More or less. Took it with the oldest daughter, sat thru it again with Beckabooboo. Now the youngest needs to do it and I'm sure I'll be elected to sit thru it one more time. They've changed the whole thing now. I'm not dead certain how it works now. I think she can do part of it on-line and the rest is classroom.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 11:30:06 AM »
Well, he passed.  O0   He missed 3 questions on the test, which he shouldn't have.  :x   One had to do with trapping, one with population management, and the 3rd one with the department of F&W.

The main guy that was doing the class was short on help Saturday morning, so I graded the tests, did some of the other paperwork and answered people's questions.

I asked Mason Saturday night what he thought of the class.  He said it was boring.  ;D   I asked him if he at least learned anything.  He said that he had.  O0

KY's requirement for the Hunter Ed. is anyone born on or after January 1, 1975 has to have completed the course before they can go hunting.  But places like Ft. Knox, Ft. Campbell, and Bluegrass Army Depot have separate requirements.  I believe for Ft. Knox it's Jan. 1, 1969 or 1970 or something like that.  I don't have to have mine out in the state, but I do when I go to Ft. Knox.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 08:52:05 PM »
Where did you find that photo of me? That was before Weight Watchers. I'm much more svelte now.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 09:00:38 AM »
Years ago I was in the hospital and had to share my room with a nitwit like the one in the picture.

He was crossing a fence when his shotgun fired and blew off the fingers of one hand. While he was on the ground and hollering, his son-in-law ran to him, threw down his rifle close to the guy, and the rifle fired and nearly shot the victim.

When the dummy finished talking, I asked him if he and his son-in-law were in the habit of carrying their guns with the safetys on. His reply was no.

I couldn't just let it alone, so I asked him if he learned a lesson. His answer was, "Yeah, I'm never gonna ever hunt again"!  The moron missed my whole point but overall, was a good decision on his part.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 07:09:15 PM »
I tried taking a hunter education class, but after the first day they sent me home. The head instructor said it was no use....there was nothing he could teach me. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Shows are purdy smart I is....doncha' know! ;D :twisted: :roll: :roll:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments