December 12, 2017, 06:41:29 PM

Author Topic: Need a good anti tick spray  (Read 696 times)

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
Need a good anti tick spray
« on: July 28, 2014, 12:04:21 AM »
yeah got a tick. he didn't get me but still got the willies. Any thoughts
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Need a good anti tick spray
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:43:30 AM »
Even with the best spray, you will probably get a few on you if you get into a lot of them, especially being out and about during hot weather.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 10:50:48 AM »
Permethrin or Duranon or Permadone.  You don't spray it on your skin, you spray it on your clothes.  It's some bad stuff!  O0 >:D   It will last through about 3 washings I think.  I treat my early season hunting camo down with it.

Here are a couple of links to it.

http://www.wingsupply.com/hunting-accessories/insect-repellents/permethrin-odorless-clothing-insect-repellent-9oz/

http://www.basspro.com/Sawyer-Permethrin-Premium-Insect-Repellent-Aerosol-Spray-for-Clothing/product/22568/

http://www.basspro.com/Sawyer-Permethrin-Insect-Repellent-for-Clothing/product/10223263/

One of the places I used to go to each year and volunteer at for the archery, the place was terrible for ticks.  We would always spray our pants down with the stuff.  I found a tick crawling on my arm once, so I took it and laid it on my pant leg.  It started out crawling as normal, but started slowing down and eventually stopped.  >:D

Like I said, it's some good stuff.  O0   But, as John said, no matter what you do, you'll still probably get one or two on you every here or there from time to time.  I spend every weekend in the woods and usually get a few off me.  Most I catch crawling.

The dog ticks aren't too bad, it's those damn little deer ticks that I hate! :tickedoff
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 12:44:09 PM »
Ok yeah just want to keep more than a handful off. Creepy little things.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 08:45:31 PM »
www.rangerjoes.com

The stuff BC showed was good stuff. When I lived in Florida I swore by Chigg Away and it handles ticks too. If its not too uncomfortable tuck your trouser legs inside your boots and if you want to go the whole way, put some 100 mile an hour tape around your boot legs where you have the trousers tucked into the boots.

If you think you're going to spend long periods of the summer outside, you might want to consider some jungle boots. I've been wearing them for over 35 years in one form or another. They can take your trouser legs tucked into them and they still keep your feet cool and they have little drain ports on the side so they breath and let water drain.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 09:03:44 AM »
www.rangerjoes.com

The stuff BC showed was good stuff. When I lived in Florida I swore by Chigg Away and it handles ticks too. If its not too uncomfortable tuck your trouser legs inside your boots and if you want to go the whole way, put some 100 mile an hour tape around your boot legs where you have the trousers tucked into the boots.

If you think you're going to spend long periods of the summer outside, you might want to consider some jungle boots. I've been wearing them for over 35 years in one form or another. They can take your trouser legs tucked into them and they still keep your feet cool and they have little drain ports on the side so they breath and let water drain.
  O0 Good idea, bo! I do the same thing while mushroom hunting and it keeps ticks from getting inside pants.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments