November 18, 2017, 12:39:25 PM

Author Topic: Couple of Deer Pictures  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Couple of Deer Pictures
« on: July 28, 2014, 04:09:08 PM »
Just got done going through the pictures from the cards from this week.  Here are a couple of pictures of some deer.

The first one, these are some of the 2.5 year old bucks that visit the one camera location.  They would probably make some good ones next year if they make it, but they probably won't.  :'(

The second one is just a bunch of does, with a little spike thrown in there for good measure.

There was just shy of 4,500 pictures this week.  After going through them and taking out the blanks, birds, coons, squirrels, etc, I was left with a little over 2,900 pictures.  A couple of the cameras had some crap in front of them that kept waving and causing them to trigger, so I've got fix that this next week, and I had a couple that didn't hardly have any pictures on them.  Gotta do some investigating on them.

Got out 17 cameras right now.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
Re: Couple of Deer Pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 08:23:31 PM »
One of my best bud has a small chunk of land with his house. He took this picture from 30'. I think my buck tag covers his back yard. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 10:38:03 PM »
Why does that pic make me think "Flashlight" ? ;D :twisted:
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »
Not looking bad, BC! and Ks, you better get there!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »
Not looking bad, BC! and Ks, you better get there!

The bucks I posted a picture of are too little for me to shoot.  If they make it to next year though, they should be pretty nice.  O0   But if Mason wants to pop one, I'm not going to stop him. :)   You never want tell a kid that they "can't" shoot something or that something is too small (unless it's not legal).  That just chaps my a$$ when people do that to kids!  :x   It's one thing to impose limits on yourself (like I do), but you shouldn't do it with kids.

Kinda' got off topic there for a second.....  ::)

Yeah, there's some decent bucks running around there, but the majority of them are young.  We had a bunch of 1.5 year old deer running around last year, and it looks like they stuck around so we've got quite a few 2.5 year olds this year.

Don't know what happened to the buck I was after last year.  I looked all over but couldn't find his sheds.  I had pictures of him up until he shed, and even then he still looked to be in relatively good condition physically.  Unless he got hit by a vehicle, I don't know what could have happened to him.  :?

Got some other pictures.  The first one is a buck that hopefully by brother will get.  He usually has a pretty tough time each year, so with this one, the odds are a little more in our favor.   O0   He's blind in his right eye.  ;D

The next few are of a buck that I'm thinking of taking out just for the heck of it.  Not real big, but weird.  I like the weird ones.  ;)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 09:01:29 PM »
Maybe you should put the ginseng hunters pictures up here. I'm sure its not the first time they've had their mugs in public photos.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 08:42:43 AM »
Maybe you should put the ginseng hunters pictures up here. I'm sure its not the first time they've had their mugs in public photos.
  ;D Yeah on that, bo!

O0 Nail that weird buck, BC!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 02:04:12 PM »

I don't have it here with me.  Besides, don't want any public humiliation just yet.  ;)

What Bo is talking about for those that don't know is that several weeks ago I was checking the cameras and found that someone had stolen the memory card out of one of the cameras.  :x   Worthless sack of sh!t!!  It happens every now and then, but this was the first time that it had happened across the road on this particular piece of property.

Since I've got some pretty heavy camera coverage in that area, as I was downloading the pictures off of the other cards, I found that one of the other cameras had caught a picture of the 2 trespassers.  O0   Nearest that we could figure was that they were ginseng hunting.  Still trying to figure out who they are.  They aren't from around there.

We "could" raise a stink about it, but I've got too many cameras and stands up in the woods to have someone pissed off at us.  The best thing for us to do is what we've done.  Put the word out that we know they were up there because we've got a picture of them and we'd appreciate them staying off the property.  If they come back, we'll know it and THEN we'll escalate things further.  ;)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 12:19:44 AM »
That's a bummer about the theft, BC!  >:( Step 2, cops could come up with who they are.  :knuppel2

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 04:19:09 PM »
That's a bummer about the theft, BC!  :x Step 2, cops could come up with who they are.  :knuppel2

Yeah, but all that's going to do is piss them off.  The penalty for Criminal Trespassing isn't much.  After they pay their fine, they could come back and steal my cameras and/or stands or at least damage them.

Right now I'm out less than $20 for a new memory card.  We're slowly figuring out who they are and getting the word out that we know they were up there.  It will eventually get back to them that we got their picture and that we would "appreciate" them staying off of the property.  ;)

That is going to do more good to deter them and other people from trespassing than anything.  And my cameras and stands stay safe.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments