December 17, 2017, 10:19:31 PM

Author Topic: Civil unrest  (Read 854 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Civil unrest
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:36:21 AM »
An uneasy time in St. Louis area. The other day an unarmed kid got shot and killed by a cop. Initial reports were that the altercation started inside the police car and spilled into the parking lot outside the car. One shot fired inside the car. The victim had tried to grab the officiers gun at some point. Details are a little hard to come by as there is an on going investigation.
 Now we got riots and looting, even Al Sharpton is in town to fan the flames. I heard a segment of his speech on the news and it was clear to me he was trying to incite more civil unrest.
 Now we are might near on lock down. Rumored threats of looting in neighboring areas with a drastically different demographic. The Malls shut down early, the store chain I work for closed 5 stores til things calm down. Cops are advising folks to go home and stay there and asking shop owners to close up early. All reasonable steps in the interest of public safety.
 Of course the victims family say he was a good kid, never got into trouble yada yada.
 First off, the way I see it, the officer had some sort of reason to confront the kid. The kid reached for the officiers gun, I presume in the beginning, but even if not and a shot was fired he continued to resist. How would you expect it to end ? Sounds to me the cop was protecting himself. Cops here are allowed to meet force with force plus one. Meaning you get mouthy, he can get physical, you get physical they can produce a weapon, you show a weapon they can use theirs. On the surface I see no misconduct here on the officers part, yet the mobs are screaming for justice and Sharpton is making sure he's the loudest(camera whore). Looks to me justice was served.
 All this has reaffirmed my families desires for ccw. Even the youngest who just shot for the first time a few months ago.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Civil unrest
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:28:57 PM »
 :-X :-X :-X :-X
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 12:45:57 AM »
:-X :-X :-X :-X

Ya know... I think I actually understand that And agree full heartedly.

It was not without great difficulty to write all that and maintain a "G" rating nor espew things that could come back to bite me. Many of my thoughts, opinions and solutions should never be put in print.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »
I went thru this crap when I lived in Memphis in '68...You'd think once in a lifetime would be enough  >:(

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 01:41:47 AM »
Yep, rioting, looting, burning, are insane and idiotic.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 05:06:33 PM »
Hasn't been that bad here, but it could get worse. We had one the other night and it drew around 400 or so protesters. They had a permit to march but after going about 1/4 mile it started to pour down rain. Most went home. By 11pm it was down to less than 20 people and they were outnumbered by the police about 25 to 1.

I was 8 years old in 1968 and my folks and I landed in Memphis less than 2 weeks after MLK was killed. Since that time I have seen and dealt with riots at home and abroad. With a news media that has a vested interest in making things more violent, and not caring about the truth, its not a wonder these things happen, its surprising they don't happen more often. If you have dead bodies, so ,much the better.

I don't know what happened, not that it matters. The media and black community have found this guy guilty and some how he will pay. The Grand Jury will be pressured to return with True Bill and the cop will be prosecuted. If he is acquitted, there will be more riots. If he is convicted then that will calm them for a while. But there will be serious money paid out too.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 06:16:28 AM »
Yep, that protest and parade got rained out.  :-X  ;D  The whole riot deal was not necessary, as we well realized before all the burning and looting. 

Back in the 70's I got chased on foot for miles by a rioting mob in Greenville, MS because I wasn't black.  :tickedoff  The mob had murder in mind. The riot started farther south (LA)  because of a white cop shooting a young black robbery suspect. The facts of both shootings don't matter because the rioters are certainly not members of a civilized society.  :tickedoff

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments