October 23, 2017, 09:32:12 AM

Author Topic: Reduced loads ? WHY ????  (Read 649 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Reduced loads ? WHY ????
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »
 :DYes YES, I know why, just seams every where I look some one is looking for a reduced loads. I'm always looking to AMP mine UP!:confused:
 I wander if we have reached some kind of apex. Every thing was going to extra supper Magnum and bigger.
 If you get a 338 why do you want a reduced load. Getta 30/30. A 3 1/2" supper mag shot gun? A reduced load, What? How bout a 28 gauge instead . Maybe we have reached our limits with even a limb saver won't save you any more. Me now I'd just assume shoot a 600 nitro for gophers and get some thing bigger for "Big game" Or an 8 bore for doves and a punt gun for geese. Bring it on I love it...:thumbs:
:crazy2
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Reduced loads ? WHY ????
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 06:01:38 AM »
  O0 Good point, D! Why buy a certain caliber and then water it down? It is obvious other people are not as tough as GutPilers, that's what!

I no longer big game hunt and admit to being obsessed with squirrel hunting. I have moved up to the apex of rimfire firepower, the .17WSM. If I wanted to cut back, I would use my HMR rather than  shoot a waterdowned centerfire round.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:51 PM »
I sometimes get a little recoil sensitive with some guns. Shotguns I can see the advantage of bigger bore, longer shells. That equals more pellets in the pattern. Now with rifles I think you have a valid point. A light load this is usually the equivalent of the factory load something else. Now if you bought the gun thinking you could handle it but couldn't, reduced loads are a better option than taking a loss on the rifle. Besides, maybe you will be able to work up to the factory load.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 08:01:27 PM »
What about situations where a persons choice of firearms is limited and what they are hunting doesn't require that much umphh. If you only have a 30/06 do you really need the largest bullet and the most powder in that casing. Where i am the longest shot is 100 and under. A smaller bullet and charge can make you more accurate.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Facebook Comments