October 22, 2017, 06:56:43 PM

Author Topic: Live Deer Cam  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Live Deer Cam
« on: December 09, 2014, 12:56:35 PM »
Don't know if ya'll seen it or know about it but Lee & Tiffany have a live stream from a camera set up on feeder at their place in Iowa.  Below is the link:

http://thecrush.tv/deer-cam

In addition to it being a live feed, it's also recording to a DVR.  On the bar at the bottom of the picture, you'll see a Pause button on the left and DVR on the right.  You can grab the bar in between or just click on any area and it will back up to that time.  I think the DVR hold 3-4 hours worth of footage.

Around 9:24 this morning there were a couple of smaller deer on the feeder and then around 10:53, Lee and two other guys backed a gravity box and an auger in there and filled the feeder (it was empty).

I leave it open on my internet browser and occasionally check it throughout the day just to see what has come in.  Earlier this morning there was a big ol' cat-head fox squirrel in there sucking up what was left on the ground before they filled the feeder.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:34:08 PM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Live Deer Cam
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 10:11:54 AM »
Cool! They are just a few miles from here.

They are not popular with the locals around here because they lease so much local hunting ground for their pay to hunt business. I understand it is all posted ground.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »
Cool! They are just a few miles from here.

They are not popular with the locals around here because they lease so much local hunting ground for their pay to hunt business. I understand it is all posted ground.  :tickedoff

I can understand the frustration John.  But, look at it from the farmer's point of view.  Farming (anymore) is tough to pay the bills with.  If they can earn a little extra money by leasing their ground to the highest bidder, who can fault them?  If I had land and didn't hunt, I'd do the same thing.  It sucks for the little guy just looking for a place to hunt, but it is what it is.  :|

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 07:59:10 AM »
Yes, and I certainly don't blame the land owners. One very good place we used to hunt is has been leased for several years and the owner can't even hunt it. I have known the landowner for years and consider him a friend. He has a veggy and fruit stand across the highway from his house and my wife and I stop and buy every chance we can.

I hunt another good woods just north of there during most of squirrel season.

Another pal sold off most of his good hunting woods by his house. I work with his son and we are good friends. When the son Bob discovered his Dad Ron was selling off most of the woods, he had his dad get an agreement with the new landowner that allows another pal and I can always hunt the land.   :) The new land owner has been a pal for years, also.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 04:41:41 PM »
Take a look to the right behind the feeder. Isn't that Nutz?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 09:31:21 PM »
Don't know if ya'll seen it or know about it but Lee & Tiffany have a live stream from a camera set up on feeder at their place in Iowa.  Below is the link:

http://thecrush.tv/deer-cam

In addition to it being a live feed, it's also recording to a DVR.  On the bar at the bottom of the picture, you'll see a Pause button on the left and DVR on the right.  You can grab the bar in between or just click on any area and it will back up to that time.  I think the DVR hold 3-4 hours worth of footage.

Around 9:24 this morning there were a couple of smaller deer on the feeder and then around 10:53, Lee and two other guys backed a gravity box and an auger in there and filled the feeder (it was empty).

I leave it open on my internet browser and occasionally check it throughout the day just to see what has come in.  Earlier this morning there was a big ol' cat-head fox squirrel in there sucking up what was left on the ground before they filled the feeder.

Well, I hope to hell you're happy!! :knuppel2 :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

Since you posted this thing I'm stuck here addicted to it!!! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

Even at night I can see little glowing eyes out there. Reminds me of being on night patrol!!

Oh well! Since I can't sleep anyway I can at least watch for Fidel, Victor Charlie and Ahab the Arab!! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

I'm gonna' get you for this!!! :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 09:17:34 AM »

Well, I hope to hell you're happy!! :knuppel2 :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

Since you posted this thing I'm stuck here addicted to it!!! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

Even at night I can see little glowing eyes out there. Reminds me of being on night patrol!!

Oh well! Since I can't sleep anyway I can at least watch for Fidel, Victor Charlie and Ahab the Arab!! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

I'm gonna' get you for this!!! :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2
  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 08:25:52 PM »
WOW!! Check out the snow!! I'd hate for that to hit down here. You'd have 4 million car wrecks!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 10:35:57 PM »
Can't really see the amount on the ground, but you can see it falling.

Looks you all are going to be freezing your noogies off down there Wednesday/Thursday Bo.  ;D   Saw on the news tonight that ya'll are supposed to get down the low teens.  :o :o ;D ;D

I guess the only "benefit" that you'll see down there is that business will probably be slow for you.  ;)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 10:20:04 AM »
We got about 5 1/2" of the white stuff and it's about +3F, about -14F with the windchill.

I am finishing my coffee and going out to shovel the snow before I go to work.  I have a corner lot, double the normal sidewalk.  :buck2 

Facebook Comments