December 15, 2017, 09:11:34 AM

Author Topic: MISERY  (Read 2217 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
MISERY
« on: December 30, 2014, 07:56:11 AM »
The weekend before last I was hunting and was proceeding down a steep bluff covered with rolled over tall grass and weeds when I fell and clobbered my ribs on a hidden old concrete building footing.

I though I had just bruised some ribs and waited to feel better but as time passed, felt worse until a trip yesterday to the ER disclosed ribs just bruised and I have the shingles.  :shock:  :buck2  >:( Biggest problem is, the location of the outbreak is where I whacked my ribs, mostly.

I worked last week and my rib pain just got worse. I am staying home and hope I can get out hunting and get some work done in the shop later this week or weekend.

Note to the wise, ER doc said the expensive shot to prevent shingles is pretty much worthless. I haven't had the shot.

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Online D45/70

Re: MISERY
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 02:14:04 PM »
OMG!!!!
That sucks, I hear there a killer.
You'll just have to do more drinking.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 05:06:46 PM »
SHINGLES!!?? damn son! All I see on TV these days are adds for pharmaceutical companies selling drugs for guys with Shingles, ADD, Depression and Erection Issues. At least your Tally Whacker is working and you aren't depressed! Hang in there buddy! Shingles are easy to deal with after Vietnam!! O0 O0 O0

You think BC suffers from Tally Whacker issues? Or maybe he's more of an ADD kind of guy!?
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 10:50:43 PM »
  ;D Yeah, my only problems are sore ribs and the shingles. Not being able to hunt is a sore point.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 11:34:50 PM »
Man that sux. Just when the fuzz tailed bastids were learning about fear too. Bet they greased that slope too.
 Thanks for the heads up on the so-called vaccine.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 10:50:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about the ribs, and the shingles. Been there done that on both counts. The bad thing about the ribs is they would have healed quicker had they been broken. Hang in there it will get better.
Bill
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 04:48:04 PM »
That sucks John.  The wife has had shingles and she was in some serious pain.  Luckily I've not had them.

Someone else told me that about the vaccine.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 09:38:06 AM »
Doc said vaccine might help with the symtoms but not prevent. 

I'm stoved up this morning and it's below 0 outside. I think I am going to take the day off and stay by the fire. The rash is gone but nothing else. Modern pain meds are great.  :)

I plan on hunting this coming weekend. This weekend will mark a month since I have hunted.  :sad: Squirrels are gonna really get it!  :knuppel2

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
That's it buddy! Take it easy and enjoy some down time. It's colder than a well diggers butt up there. Stay inside where its warm and cozy! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 12:34:02 PM »
It's colder than a well diggers butt up there. Stay inside where its warm and cozy! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Ya' panzy!  ::)   Got in the truck this morning and the display in the truck said -2o F.  :tickedoff
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments