December 14, 2017, 11:56:46 AM

Author Topic: Girl Scout Cookies  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Girl Scout Cookies
« on: February 18, 2015, 03:39:39 PM »
It's getting time for the kids (and parents unfortunately) to start selling the Girl Scout cookies.  I don't have a problem with the kids doing it, but I do have a problem with the adults doing it.  :knuppel2   Here's the reasoning..........

First off, I've got a problem with the price of the freaking things!  :tickedoff   The boxes keep getting smaller and smaller and the price keeps going up.  I used to fill out the order form that someone from here at work would bring in for their kid.  Then last year I read something in a news article about how the girls are supposed to be doing it.  Curious about this, I did a little research.  Sure enough, right there on the Girl Scout Cookie web site:

Buying Girl Scout Cookies is about so much more than just handing over money for a box of treats. It's about the skills a girl gains from interacting directly with you the cookie customer! It's about the experience of running her very own cookie business and working with others learning important lifelong lessons along the way. That's why we encourage you to buy your cookies from a Girl Scout the Cookie Professional! and not from her parents.

http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_cookies/find_cookies.asp

So, you can see it right there folks!  Buy from the kids, not the parents.  O0

Saw another article just a little while ago that got me a little irritated also.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/18/soldiers-who-crave-girl-scout-cookies-hit-with-20-online-fee/
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Girl Scout Cookies
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 07:19:19 PM »
So does this mean you're not buying me any cookies? :'( :'( :'(

Then the least you can do is build me a snowman!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :'( :'( :'( :'(
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 09:33:10 AM »
Then the least you can do is build me a snowman!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Wonder what kind of trouble I'd get in if I built a snowman, spray painted it black, and then put a noose around it's neck, with a sign beside it that says "Al Sharpton"?   ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 11:50:30 AM »
Not near as much trouble as I would. Around here, it wouldn't be a good idea to even admit to knowing how to tie a noose, let alone displaying one in any manner. I'd hate to waste a perfectly good noose on an effigy.
 I'm sure tensions are tight everywhere as well.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 02:01:38 PM »
Not near as much trouble as I would. Around here, it wouldn't be a good idea to even admit to knowing how to tie a noose, let alone displaying one in any manner. I'd hate to waste a perfectly good noose on an effigy.
 I'm sure tensions are tight everywhere as well.

Chicken!  ;D ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 01:20:16 AM »
I'm old enough to have learned "if the guy who came up with a bright idea doesn't want to be the first to try it, it's probably not such a bright idea"
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 08:04:00 AM »
Wonder what kind of trouble I'd get in if I built a snowman, spray painted it black, and then put a noose around it's neck, with a sign beside it that says "Al Sharpton"?   ;D
  :twisted:  O0 ;D Sounds good to me, BC!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 08:11:24 AM »
GSUSA receives a very small portion of the profits, very small. And as for that excessive shipping fee levied upon our soldiers, that really pisses me off.  :tickedoff 

I was on a business trip in the deep South and was made an offer by two city officials. They offered me a deal that was a city wide sale of goods in the name of the VA. Only, the VA was not involved and had no knowledge of the transaction. The two sleazy city leaders made it clear the profits would be split three ways and the VA would receive nothing.  :shock: :tickedoff It was a verbal offer and of course, I refused.

The GSUSA should make it public of just how much profit they receive from the sales. And, how much the person that runs the GSUSA earns.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 02:43:56 AM »
Wish you'd tell me where that town is, John. Unfortunately we have the worst politicians money can buy....and if I had my way! :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 10:14:53 AM »
Was actually in Louisanna, bo. I had a couple of other run-ins with crooked officials there.  :tickedoff And another two times in Mississippi.  :tickedoff Those are two states to avoid.  :knuppel2

After that, the wonderful state of Oklahoma and I took on three lowlife state officials in Oregon. We won and Oregon lost.  :)   :knuppel2  Oklahoma rocks! My life was actually threatened in Oregon by two of the officials.

Facebook Comments