November 25, 2017, 02:44:07 AM

Author Topic: Long, long time comming !!!  (Read 1518 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Long, long time comming !!!
« on: February 22, 2015, 08:02:04 PM »
    Long time coming.
 We broke our Bad luck streak. We went to the river to run the boat up and call coyotes . The Temp was -6*,
The motor would not turn fast enough to start. Battery was good but all the grease in the out drive was to thick to let it turn, Darn Back to town . Dropped off the boat and just ran North of town. Did a set after walking in a mile, Nothing but an eagle.  Ran up to  another peace of state  On the way is we bumped out three coyotes, didn't try a shot but tried to call them back, nope they did sound off out of sight. So far better then the last 6 hunts. More driving to a spot , we pulled up, parked stepped out and had two dogs stand up 100 yards in front of us. I knelt down and pulled the trigger the coyote spun and took off. The boy said I shot high , I said no way and went out to where they where, NO blood and we could see the TWO coyotes 'bout a mile up and still running...
Ok but we are seeing dogs , saw two more sets of road dogs, I knew this was going to be the day we broke out.
We had to be back early so we only did ONE MORE SET. We call this spot a lot and often see and get coyotes. We decided it was a good wind to walk WAY out and hit the far end of the land. A mile and a half we snuggled down and called. LOTS of gophers running around. I see some movement to my right 200 yards I thought wow ,never thought I could see gophers running that far away.
 Turned back to where I'm suppose to be looking and here over the "Talkies"    DOG.
The Movement I saw Was a coyote getting ready to charge over a saddle on the ridge in front of us. I repositioned and looked One dog, no two dogs WOW great this is going to work. Then a thread ,a forth, a fifth Crap a sixth. The boy let out a bark and the little 17 fired the rest the doge scattered like stepping on a land mine, dogs in every direction getting out of dodge.
I picked one coming my way ,tracked for a split second and fired, The tell tail WAP and it was finished.
Looked back and I see the other down dog trying to run I put the 22/250 on it and put it down. There the bad streak was OVER. The boy and I had a double on the ground...

LONG Time coming.

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Long, long time comming !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:50:21 AM »
A rough start for the day but you made it work, D! Nice going! How cold was it?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 02:47:26 PM »
O0 it wormed up to around 0, not half bad...
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 10:17:23 AM »
O0 it wormed up to around 0, not half bad...
  :shock: That's cold, D! Perhaps not for a tough fella like you, though.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 03:34:01 PM »
Oh come on now 0* is not bad. 30* warmer then -30* O0

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 09:00:52 AM »
Oh come on now 0* is not bad. 30* warmer then -30* O0
  :shock:  ;D Yeah, if you are an Eskimo.

I bet your coyotes and wolves have good winter hides. It would not surprise me if you grow a good winter coat too, D!  ;D

How is your wolf season looking, D? You have the perfect rifle waiting for them.   O0  :twisted:

Offline D45/70

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 03:12:52 PM »
Hides are 'bout done for the year there starting to rub a lot.
Wolf season LOOKS great , it's just no going anywhere.
 To much snow to get where the wolf run free. There all locked up on the winter" Game ranges" and there closed and patrolled. They can lay around eat elk and deer till they puke and I can't get to them...
:buck2I have till march 15th so It may work out, never know. O0

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 10:15:06 AM »
Bummer, D! Wolves get so much protection range and nobody can get a crack at them.

Facebook Comments